Who has had this problem? and how to fix it?

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score

SleeptGT904

forum member
Reaction score
Looks fairly easy. I think I might tackle it this weekend. My question is though my whole panel is off. I mean the entire top to bottom piece. Will that make a difference in the way I need to apply the steps from the link? And just use the flat head to push in the sides pretty much right?

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
the way to get the glue to stick is to make sure the foam is removed. Then spray both sides with contact cement and let it dry til tacky.

Foam? Maybe my car is retarded or maybe its just me but i do not recall seeing any foam behind the material.. lol

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
There is some foam right behind the sheet of fabric that you need to get off for glue to work properly. Talk to Red_Baron06 he did mine for me and they look perfect and are stuck on there very well. I don't think they will come off ever again

Docktour Z

McRibber
Reaction score
Very easy to do, the foam is the greenish/gray material. I just used contact cement with a bag of sand to smooth our the imperfections. I also trimmed slightly for a more snug fit.

thebeast05

forum member
Reaction score
Did mine a couple of weeks ago with the contact cement. Took a day or so to dry, but it looks great now. Hope this is the it.

05gtkid

Reaction score
mine came completly off also i wresled that shit for an hour and finaly gave up so i ripped it all off and i am now going to put an aluminum sheet in the resesed part and relocate my window switches with a little finger door handle and hold it all down with torqs head screws, paint it all black and be done with that bs

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back