You are not going to believe what I pulled out of my muffler...

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
If their failed part was the cause of a blown engine how would that be "stupid" to ask them to fix it?

Boozshey

Reaction score
In any aftermarket application you are taking the risk of anything being caused. I just wanted a damn straight pipe.

I believe it would have been un-resonable to ask for anything more. Also, if I recall, reading their warranty information they state, they are not responsible for any other things cause by the product. I'd have to look again, but that would require to much work.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
You're right of course. I guess IMO human nature would be to look at it like my engine would have been fine if their part hadn't caused x problem. Therefore, this is their fault and they should fix the damage. Seems pretty simple to me but I guess reality just doesn't conform to my idea. ;)

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
stupid question here, i noticed some people saying they lost a motor due to clogged cats. how or why could clogged cats cause a motor to go, i mean it sees like it'd just choke the motor and it'd shut off.

Boozshey

Reaction score
I will just tell you that I saw spike of 17lbs of boost a second before I saw the big cloud of smoke behind me.

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
I have a little over 22K miles on my Kooks high flow cats and they're still kicking. But I don't race the car and I don't have any FI so that may help. ;)

Like with anything though, some parts will be defective. It's obvious to me that while some may fail, these cats are not inherently bad. If you're doing something to cause high flows to fail, then the stocks in that situation would fail too.

blueone

forum member
Reaction score
I will just tell you that I saw spike of 17lbs of boost a second before I saw the big cloud of smoke behind me.

Saw a spike to 25#'s, blew a vacum line off the intake, busted the ceramic off of 2 HTO's cleanly and squirted about half my blower oil out all over the inside of my hood which should have never been full to begin with running 21#'s of boost. It never gave up big cloud of smoke but I know it was about a hair on a fat rat's ass from it and I got lucky. This was with a ARH HF catted X. I have read threads about this happening before and kinda just blew it off as being a fluke but now I know better and I won't be running cats of any brand on any FI car of mine again.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Received the repaired cat from Kooks today so they stepped up to the plate and fixed the defective part...glad I caught it before it did damage.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back