Bit the Turbo bullet...

Dark_horse

forum member
Reaction score
20121206_222107.jpg

How I mounted my filter..
20121206_203455.jpg

Im gonna end up running the wastegate to atmospher just because that crossover hangs so damn low... im on HR super sports which are probably gonna have to swapped oit to something taller... what do you guys think?
20121206_172347.jpg

Last one for tonight... get a black billet grill for the bottom openings from stage 3 for a stealthy approach or leave it open? Could laint something on the bottom saying "got rice?" Or maybe dark_horse.....

Turbostangs90

forum member
Reaction score
Def use some sort of grill for the lower whether it be stock or billet, you dont want anything hitting that IC and putting a hole in it. Then that would be bye-bye boost.

whitepunisher

forum member
Reaction score
Just curious did you get that kit from somebody in warrensburg? Im in Springfield and was talking to this guy about a on3 kit. If so, glad to see it got a good home :) looks good bro

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Looks good now will you guys quit doing these builds. Its getting hard not to do one myself. Lol

Dark_horse

forum member
Reaction score
Just curious did you get that kit from somebody in warrensburg? Im in Springfield and was talking to this guy about a on3 kit. If so, glad to see it got a good home :) looks good bro

I did... He delivered it to me in bluesprings for $1500... I actually just moved up here from springfield in July... Im surprised you didn't recognize my car. I bartended at the Roost (sunshine&Kansas) for a couple years. Small world lol... Was actually thinking about coming down tonight. Wes choate at show me speed in nixa tuned my car when it was N/A

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Mine is on Supersports as well. Im running open wastegate for the sound but the extra clearance will be a plus as well.

whitepunisher

forum member
Reaction score
I did... He delivered it to me in bluesprings for $1500... I actually just moved up here from springfield in July... Im surprised you didn't recognize my car. I bartended at the Roost (sunshine&Kansas) for a couple years. Small world lol... Was actually thinking about coming down tonight. Wes choate at show me speed in nixa tuned my car when it was N/A

Haha yep I did recognize your car. I live in republic actually and would drive by and wonder if that guy with the stang worked there or just went there a lot lol. Not trying to thread jack but how did you feel with them tuning your car?

Dark_horse

forum member
Reaction score
Haha yep I did recognize your car. I live in republic actually and would drive by and wonder if that guy with the stang worked there or just went there a lot lol. Not trying to thread jack but how did you feel with them tuning your car?

They did an alright job I guess. .. The top end was spot on but the driveability seemed a little off

dirtfan71

forum member
Reaction score
Every time I get close to catching you....this happens. Now I really need the Vortech I keep talking mysel out of. Hopefully you make it back down this spring or summer. I want to see it at ORP. Let me know how you like the Relo brackets. I still haven't put my BMRs on and it is getting too cold to do it.

Last edited:

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
What Cams are you running and are you leaving them in?

curious why you mounted the remote oil filter that way?

I would like to hear the exhaust after the turbo install Please

Dark_horse

forum member
Reaction score
What Cams are you running and are you leaving them in?

curious why you mounted the remote oil filter that way?

I would like to hear the exhaust after the turbo install Please

Mounted the oil filter that way just because it fit nicely there...no real reason I guess

I have comp cams 127020 motha thumpr... I know they wont make the best power but they are gonna stay in untill I get a set of turbo grind cams...

Here is a clip of the car running.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWiA5IW02HU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Someone feel free to imbed please

Dark_horse

forum member
Reaction score
Mine is on Supersports as well. Im running open wastegate for the sound but the extra clearance will be a plus as well.

The only spot I'm really worried about dragging is the y pipe area...unless I just flat out run over something and hit the pipes running beneath the a arms

Dark_horse

forum member
Reaction score
I got quite a bit of work done today... fuel pumps are swapped, wire upgrade is installed, injector and pkigs are swapped, leaks are all buttoned up...just need to hook up the gaiges and run vacume lines and im good to go for tuning

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The only spot I'm really worried about dragging is the y pipe area...unless I just flat out run over something and hit the pipes running beneath the a arms

Make sure you jack the y pipe and over axle pipes up as high as they will go/flush up against the car before tigtening other wise gravity will pull them down and they it will all sag.

Dark_horse

forum member
Reaction score
I actually put some rubber straps on to help hold them up...

All I have left to do is wire up the upgraded wiring kit I got from jeremy and hook up my vacume lines to the wastegage, bov, and boost controller and we are ready for a tune.....any body have a good diagram of how they go?? Any help would be much appreciated...

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
I actually put some rubber straps on to help hold them up...

All I have left to do is wire up the upgraded wiring kit I got from jeremy and hook up my vacume lines to the wastegage, bov, and boost controller and we are ready for a tune.....any body have a good diagram of how they go?? Any help would be much appreciated...

Wastegate and boost controller

Also a lot of good reading here http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90480

wastegateposition.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back