EBAY - great deal on 2.5" cowl hood

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Any idea on weight? I really need to get rid of my cervinis hood because it is sooooo damn heavy and I would like something that is at least as light as the stock aluminum hood.

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
put on a scale last night and came to 24.5lbs. this is with bubble wrap and tape plus to cardboard sections protecting the edges. so maybe a smidge lighter than 24 pounds.

compared to the stock hood it feels like it weighs less.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stock hood weighs 30 pounds. Surprising a fiberglass hood weighs less.

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
I have not had a chance to get it to the body shop so I'm going to try to take pics of it now ill post them in a little...

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
Aren't you going to test fit it before you get it painted?

not a chance. no time to sit and screw with it(just bought a fox). car isnt a show queen and will never be. too many off road excursions and incidents, pure runner from now on. this mod is more for weight and heat reduction in the engine bay than anything else.

if it doesn't fit correctly ill massage it and get it to line up the best I can. will still look better than the corroded stock hood.

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
hate to beat a dead horse but remember, you get what you pay for..........and take it from me, you do not want to spend $300 on a CHEAP fiberglass hood........fork out an additional $900 on a custom paint job and then discover that the gel-coat begins to spiderweb on you less than a week after you have had it on the car

joeymustang

forum member
Reaction score
yep. i bought a cowl hood when i first got my car back in the day and it had mesh showing through on the underside and cracks where the hood hinges bolt up. i sent it back and luckily the company paid for shipping and refunded me fully. my Kaenan/Steeda hood came ready for paint though, no prep or glassing needed.

I guess it all comes down to "you get what you pay for"

I bought a hood from Cervinis and the body shop said that it was the nicest fiberglass hood he'd ever worked on. No prep work needed to what he normally was brought in.

Last edited:

joeymustang

forum member
Reaction score
not a chance. no time to sit and screw with it(just bought a fox). car isnt a show queen and will never be. too many off road excursions and incidents, pure runner from now on. this mod is more for weight and heat reduction in the engine bay than anything else.

if it doesn't fit correctly ill massage it and get it to line up the best I can. will still look better than the corroded stock hood.

so you are taking the hood to the body shop and you're installing it AFTER they paint it? I mean one thing is to not be a show queen the other is spending almost a grand between paint and hood for it to suck...

jeeeezzzzz good luck I guess?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hate to beat a dead horse but remember, you get what you pay for..........and take it from me, you do not want to spend $300 on a CHEAP fiberglass hood........fork out an additional $900 on a custom paint job and then discover that the gel-coat begins to spiderweb on you less than a week after you have had it on the car

And sometimes you get a good hood on clearance. I have been noticing many 05-09 parts getting cleared out by companies.

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
so you are taking the hood to the body shop and you're installing it AFTER they paint it? I mean one thing is to not be a show queen the other is spending almost a grand between paint and hood for it to suck...

jeeeezzzzz good luck I guess?

a grand? where do you think im getting the hood done at, FMC? hood is getting painted for $220 and total cost is right at 600. still less than any other cowl you can find.

oh and I worked for a dealer and know how to align a hood.

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
a grand? where do you think im getting the hood done at, FMC? hood is getting painted for $220 and total cost is right at 600. still less than any other cowl you can find.

oh and I worked for a dealer and know how to align a hood.

I also work for a dealer, and can get the paint/labor done for relatively cheap.... I was going to go with the 'cobra R' hood off AM, but if this hood is good for the money, it'd probably be enough to persuade me otherwise...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back