Horrible experience w Adam @ STMotorsports

Fastbreak

Hi, they call me Brad.
Reaction score
Is this item still available?

fmQXFnc.jpg

DRock

Reaction score
At this point Eleanor......there ain't a tuner in Cali that will probably touch your car for any amount I money (or lack there of)

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Its so he can make car show appearances! Roll it into the trailer....drive it to the show....roll it out of the trailer. VOILA! Zero miles added!!!

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
Many people were trying to give this guy a clue. It wasn't getting through. Then the clubs came out. Rightfully so.

Oh I don't disagree about having the clubs out, just more directed at the issue, and staying away from personal attacks. Personal attacks won't help to convince him to pay for the tuner's work or any work, if that is the goal. If the only goal is to ostracize him and ban him, perhaps I'm off page.

OP I'm not going to call you out for anything. I understand you feel like you got mistreated or there was a fallout in communication. In the performance car world, however, there is very little margin for builders/tuners/etc. Everything is troubleshooting and payment isn't really subject to the way you might think of an iPhone or other mass produced item or service. Shit happens on both sides of the fence and the road that gets you there deserves compensation.

I'm in school, just as you are, with a car that initially was part gift, the rest of which was worked for and payed on my own. I realize that it's nerve racking and infuriating at times to balance paying for school, car, unexpected downtime, and no real fun in the thing. However, these businesses that you've used have multiple clients that go through many of the same maddening times trying to get the damn thing to work and get it payed for without selling the kitchen sink to cover.

I'm not ordering you to pay anyone. I'm not saying that you couldn't just walk away and leave everything alone. What I am suggesting is that you put yourself in their shoes, immagining that you're dealing with multiple clients in your exact situation and how you could balance that to satisfy every party. I know, it's their job to do that, but it sounds (having heard likely a fraction of the details that exist) like your expectations may not have been entirely realistic throughout. Both ST and Lito were helping you towards your end goal. Simply because you didn't get there could be a reason to choose someone else in the future if you think that's necessary (not saying it is), but that doesn't preclude their contribution of time and effort in the pursuit of your goals.

In light of that, I would recommend offering Lito some compensation for the hours he put in, something based on an hourly rate that a typical tuner, or Lito would charge for his time. In addition, I would recommend that you offer to pay ST for the labor hours put in. You can take my recommendations or leave them. Either way, the ball is squarely in your court to determine how all of this plays out.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ehhh monk.... get outta here with logic, reason and common sense... :poke:

Fastbreak

Hi, they call me Brad.
Reaction score
Oh I don't disagree about having the clubs out, just more directed at the issue, and staying away from personal attacks. Personal attacks won't help to convince him to pay for the tuner's work or any work, if that is the goal. If the only goal is to ostracize him and ban him, perhaps I'm off page.

OP I'm not going to call you out for anything. I understand you feel like you got mistreated or there was a fallout in communication. In the performance car world, however, there is very little margin for builders/tuners/etc. Everything is troubleshooting and payment isn't really subject to the way you might think of an iPhone or other mass produced item or service. Shit happens on both sides of the fence and the road that gets you there deserves compensation.

I'm in school, just as you are, with a car that initially was part gift, the rest of which was worked for and payed on my own. I realize that it's nerve racking and infuriating at times to balance paying for school, car, unexpected downtime, and no real fun in the thing. However, these businesses that you've used have multiple clients that go through many of the same maddening times trying to get the damn thing to work and get it payed for without selling the kitchen sink to cover.

I'm not ordering you to pay anyone. I'm not saying that you couldn't just walk away and leave everything alone. What I am suggesting is that you put yourself in their shoes, immagining that you're dealing with multiple clients in your exact situation and how you could balance that to satisfy every party. I know, it's their job to do that, but it sounds (having heard likely a fraction of the details that exist) like your expectations may not have been entirely realistic throughout. Both ST and Lito were helping you towards your end goal. Simply because you didn't get there could be a reason to choose someone else in the future if you think that's necessary (not saying it is), but that doesn't preclude their contribution of time and effort in the pursuit of your goals.

In light of that, I would recommend offering Lito some compensation for the hours he put in, something based on an hourly rate that a typical tuner, or Lito would charge for his time. In addition, I would recommend that you offer to pay ST for the labor hours put in. You can take my recommendations or leave them. Either way, the ball is squarely in your court to determine how all of this plays out.

jesse-pinkman-crying.gif

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score

tumblr_mab60goejl1qii6tmo1_250.gif

Last edited:

Bullett

Pwnisher
Reaction score
Holy hell. This kept me busy for an hour. I noticed Adam is viewing the sub forum too. Maybe he'll chim in. +1 on lito getting paid.

I do however have one question, bad habit 2 break do u have a KB and a boss intake?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back