Is She Dead Again Jim?

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just brought the Screamn Yellow Turd over so we could re-install the ProCharger this weekend. As I backed it in the driveway, all of a sudden it felt like it was running on 3 cylinders. Pushed in the clutch and the whole car started to shake. Shut her down, no CEL, checked under the hood for anything loose, nothing found. Started it back up and she ran fine but the CEL was lit. Backed it in, checked code. P0345. Here we freakin' go again...

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fuckin' great! :beat:

I've spent too much time under that hood already! What the hell is wrong now?

Is the timing cover leaking again? How about the exhaust leak, did Ted reinstall the stock manifolds?

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
P0345... may be the alternator. BTW, Ted mentioned the car running like crap and getting a P0345 code back in early December, and I told him then I suspected the alternator. So here we are 6 months later and it's still the same??????

FYI: http://www.modularfords.com/forums/729442-post1006.html

Why am I always the last to find out about these things? I was just reading Michael's post about the the P0345 and the VCT sensor thingy.

FS - '05 Mustang GT, only 7,800 miles, fresh motor. Sorry, no paperwork. Make offer.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
P0345... may be the alternator. BTW, Ted mentioned the car running like crap and getting a P0345 code back in early December, and I told him then I suspected the alternator. So here we are 6 months later and it's still the same??????

FYI: http://www.modularfords.com/forums/729442-post1006.html

Story of the Screamin Yellow Turd!

Who the hell does he listen to?!?!?

Well, maybe he'll look into your solution now, and then act on it...

Glad to hear the leaks have been solved though.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Damn people... I got that code long ago because it WAS running on 4 cylinders. I have not seen or heard that issue from Screamn03 after he did the fix. it could be the tune needs tweeked. Jerry made a base tune for my car with all the mods I have Except for the 60 lbs injectors installed. Will that cause a prob?

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why is mine the FEMALE?!?!! :bonebh:
Yeah, I am not buying it - Stella is the one with a "soft top"...

Maybe it was one of those progressive left-coast adoptions? "My two daddies?"

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
On a more serious note - given the notorious alternator bug and the tendency of the car to chew through a battery while sitting idle (and then burn up the alternator trying to charge it) - have you monitored the battery voltage to see if it is charging sanely?

P0345 is the cam sensor, but as Don pointed out - this has been a symptom of the charging system being FUBAR - so all the reference voltages drop and all break hells loose...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back