launching an MT

woah

Reaction score
ok, so this is my first high power MT car, also first MT rwd car. I can launch with an automatic just fine, and have cut 1.6 60' times with a dodge dakota r/t, so I do have the basics down, but I just cant seem to get my stang moving quickly without spinning like mad.

I know I'm getting a good bit of wheelhop, and I'm on the stock tires, so aftermarket LCAs, LCA relocation brackets, and stickier rubber is in order, but do I also need UCAs as well?

Also, I'm fully aware that the biggest/cheapest improvements can come from tightening the nut behind the wheel, any pointers for getting a our MT 5.0 cars moving? last couple times I've tried to launch, I've been holding at 1750-2000 RPM, and then smoothly (and in a somewhat rapid manner) letting out the clutch and rolling into the throttle. Am I on the wrong track, or am I just letting out clutch and rolling into the throttle a little too quickly?

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
What kind of 60 foot times are you cutting with the street tires? Your technique sounds pretty good to me with maybe a little more clutch slip.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
The mods you have on the way should help you out a ton. And the best advice I can give is just play with tire pressure and most importantly seat time.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
At my local track, anything less than ET Streets is going to result in massive wheel spin. This discussion isn't really worth having until you get better tires IMO.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
You can slip the clutch out smooth from a higher rpm, like 4000-5000.
I cut a 1.87x on street tires a few times slipping from 4000.
But a good investment is some track tires.

woah

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice so far guys. I haven't taken her to the track yet, only 500 miles on the clock, and bone stock.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back