Livernois Stage 2 cams

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I am sorry that you feel that way, and I will take the responsibility for you receiving your cams without the required reference information. However, the specs that are in my prior post, our site is more than enough information to make an edified buying decision. The only other info that would be on a cam card would be:

3V CUSTOM TURBO CAMS STAGE 4
LOBE 19244/19254 Separation Angle 114
237/240 .547/.555

That's not how my cam cards look. Valve timing events and where the icl should be are always on a cam card.

Here's one of the cams I've installed in my motors over the years. Every single cam has come with a card. The one exception were FRPP Hot Rod cams. They come with all the valve event info in the installation directions.

Last edited:

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
But they won't even let you have the comp boxes, so getting a can card would be really asking a lot.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I have a degree wheel.

I guess, I'm sorry for thinking the ones selling the cams should tell you where to set them. Seems all the other companies do, but I'm wrong.

I don't get the "Top Secret" run around they are giving you. It makes no sense. All it does is sour the customer relationship. Someone who knows nothing about motors might be impressed with "Top Secret" cams. Anyone who is trying to put their motor together and tune it will be disappointed.

Why would they make things hard for you? My 2nd hand Livernois cams came with Comp cam cards that said "Livernois Special Grind" The special grind was a customer (not standard Livernois) requested 108 icl, other than that they were off the shelf grinds and all of the valve events were included on the card.

You could always call Comp with the grind number and ask for a copy of the card. Comp is pretty easy to deal with. Anyone in the future who is searching for Livernois cams will find this thread and be able to make up their minds based on your experience.

Last edited:

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I will make some phone calls.

Edit: got the cards from comp

Last edited:

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did Livernois at least include a valvespring recommendation in the box?
I mean it is one thing to protect your company's research and development but a meticulous engine builder is going to want the cam card so that they can verify that the specs on the card match the cam as things can go wrong in the manufacturing process.
I had a custom cam ground by comp where the chosen exhaust lobe had a problem and as a result, the exhaust opening and closing events were way too early and way too late. Without the cam card, I would have had a complete dog for a motor and would have chased a bunch of things when the problem was just the fact that the exhaust valve was never actually closing.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Believe me when I say that I got nothing but two blank white boxes with cams in them. Nothing more, nothing less! No paperwork other than a purchase receipt on the outside of the box

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Got the info from Comp, with absolutely no help from livernois mind you.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got the info from Comp, with absolutely no help from livernois mind you.

I am actually surprised COMP gave it to you. Glad that they did, but surprised.

RedCandyApple2008

Reaction score
Do any of you guys know how much the stage 2 NA cams go for from livernoise? How much should an install cost be?

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I would obviously warn you to not buy livernois camshafts(or any part from that company at all at this point). I don't believe in blindly spending money. If you spent money with them it doesn't warrant you to know what you are buying.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Comp always takes care of the customer. Ive been very pleased with them. Its pretty sad that Livernois is acting so secretive with something that can be public knowledge.

RedCandyApple2008

Reaction score
So then what would you recommend from Comps for me or anyone else for that matter? My 08 gt is pretty much stock with only 54xxx miles and looking to stay NA until I can afford a SC...my plan is to forge the engine.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
If you are not ready to go as far as swapping valve springs, I would stay with the frpp hot rod cams.

RedCandyApple2008

Reaction score
So then it's better to get better valve springs even tho they say stock ones are compatible? How much more would they run me? I rather do it right the first time...

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
So then it's better to get better valve springs even tho they say stock ones are compatible? How much more would they run me? I rather do it right the first time...
Livernois cams run around $750 for a 3V, but you should be able to figure that out since you have a computer. If your long term plans are to go SC, don't get specific items for your build that aren't optimal for the SC, like cams. Build the bottom of your motor.

Plus, some guys had a little tissy fit trying to install some Livernois cams recently. My builder didn't seem to have any issues.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
^If you are referring to me, I didn't have a fit about installing them. I was extremely disappointed with not getting all the information on the cams I purchased so when could decide where best to set them up for my wants/needs with my setup.

Boone

Automotive Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just reread my midnight post, and it does sound a little caddie. Sorry about that.

Important part is for the OP to not travel deep down an N/A route when they want FI in the end. I'm gung HO on the N/A route, and I'd have to change several things to get the most out of FI. I recommend putting money into things that will keep an engine in one piece when the OP gets to the ultimate objective. Internals, heads, etc.

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
If you are not ready to go as far as swapping valve springs, I would stay with the frpp hot rod cams.

I've heard that you lose a noticeable amount of bottom end power/torque w/ those, which is why I decided to go SPR in the end

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back