Ran tonight, couple of questions and suggestions

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
I went to the track tonight, fun, fun, fun.. I want to go back tommorrow, but then agian, thats a different topic.

I'm curious. here's my run : 13.63 @104.44 60ft-2.14

DA was somewhere around 2200 from an online calculator I found.

I was on street tires (Heavy ass 18X10 after market bullitts.) and spun quite abit out off the line.

So to you vets out there, is that pretty good? also how much do you think a set of ET streets and Drag stars would help, along with removing the front sway bar?

Could I meet the 12's? with a similiar DA and run? Any other suggestions to get there NA?

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
It is addicting.

What mods are done to the car? Some dr's will probably help drop .3-.5 or so in the 1/4

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
JBA LT Headers, O/R H-Pipe, CMDP's, Under Drive Pulleys, JLT CAI, 4:10 gear. BAMA Tunes. Street Tires, 5spd manual transmission.

The track was horrible, they called off the power hour, which is usually 9-10 second cars due to bad track conditions. just worth a mention I guess.

I just feel like I should be faster. Don't know..

.3-.5 would be a good jump, then sway bar delete.. ugh.. 12's seems so hard to get to, yet so easy lol

Last edited:

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
That's about what I have minus the long tubes (I just have an O/R h). See my sig for times.

Track conditions play a HUGE role. I was able to dump the clutch from 5500 and hook.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
You should get a set of 26x11.5x15 ET Drags and launch that baby at 5.5k to 6k. It will definitely drop your times. Ask me how I know. :beerdrink:

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
^ shit I do that on 20's. Lol

Lol, I never had any luck hooking until I settled for some 15s. I wish I could hook on some 20s, that way I wouldn't have to change out the tires everytime I head out. Ugh, it gets old after a while, but it's damn sure worth it.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
That's my plan cause I dd my car and dr's just wear out way to fast for as much as I drive.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Swapping tires isn't so bad. I do it two nites in a row every month when I race. Get a battery powered impact gun, makes it go much faster.

OneQwkStang

Improving the Breed
Reaction score
With a tire you will lower your 60' times, not sure if you can lower it enough to get 12's, however low 13's for sure.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Decent adjustable shocks will also help keep the rear end planted. Should be your first suspension upgrade before you begin messing with control arms, panhard bars or springs.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
as stated above, good drag radials would help ALOT.

Very respectable times for street tires and 2200 DA :beerchug2:

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
You should get a set of 26x11.5x15 ET Drags and launch that baby at 5.5k to 6k. It will definitely drop your times. Ask me how I know. :beerdrink:

That is my goal, to launch around 6k. Just gotta find some wheels and tires. - The track I run is never good. I'm launching in the 2k range and still smoking the tires. So 26x11.5x15 works. awesome.

as stated above, good drag radials would help ALOT.

Very respectable times for street tires and 2200 DA :beerchug2:

Thanks alot! I was decently pleased. :beerdrink: The MPH showed it's got the power, just want to get those times down.. I been wanting an aftermarket hood, but I think my focus has now shifted to tires and wheels again.

NA-Stang

AMC #8 aka "The Jockey"
Reaction score
Im in the mid 12's on street tires. It is totally doable.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Im in the mid 12's on street tires. It is totally doable.

My car has a stutter in it, I think I've got a fouled plug. That probably is worth half a tenth anyway, I've got to get it straightened out though. It's bugging me like crazy. Either way I was happy with what I got, but I think if I get rid of my stutter and can launch the car I should be low 13's high 12's I hope. I don't think at my track mid 12's is possible w/out some power adder. it's usually slower than other tracks.

Blackbird1084

forum member
Reaction score
I dont have lt's, gears and didn't have udp's till now and my tune is from jpc. The times in my sig for my 06 are in 3200 da's on slicks. Yours deffinetly has more in it.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Now that i got the miss straightened out, I think the car definately has more in it. Brand new spark plugs and one was bad? crazy .. the car pulls better now though. I want to go back, but it will probably be once more if at all this year. I'm saving for some tires and wheels now. I also want a fiberglass hood.. This is getting expensive, but it's fun.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I went to the track tonight, fun, fun, fun.. I want to go back tommorrow, but then agian, thats a different topic.

I'm curious. here's my run : 13.63 @104.44 60ft-2.14

DA was somewhere around 2200 from an online calculator I found.

I was on street tires (Heavy ass 18X10 after market bullitts.) and spun quite abit out off the line.

So to you vets out there, is that pretty good? also how much do you think a set of ET streets and Drag stars would help, along with removing the front sway bar?

Could I meet the 12's? with a similiar DA and run? Any other suggestions to get there NA?

What are your suspension mods?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back