Recommendations for a Tuner for an 2006 Gt

Tungsten_3v_2006

Reaction score
I did do a little searching for a similar thread, but I’ve had little luck.
So here’s my question 2006 GT 3v . I have a cold air intake , BBK long tube headers with high flow cats and an x pipe. I have an engine light from the upstreams because of the headers. I need a recommended tuner. On a lil bit of a budget here, Tryna stay under $500 , please help !

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
welcome, lots of threads on this topic

for remote tune, Lito is probably the best around now for 3Vs

Get an SCT X4 and contact Lito at mailto:[email protected] He'll get back to you when he's able.

He has a website at www.tudyno.com

Tungsten_3v_2006

Reaction score
Ive heard about this lito , thank you so much ,I was really hoping to know which hand held is recommmended so when i do reach out to him im ready. Thank you thank you

rocknrod

Reaction score
I have read many reviews on Lito tunes and all of them positive. A lot of people end up going Lito after they buy and are unhappy with a handheld canned tune. So spend once and get it done right.

MrBhp

Reaction score
Ive heard about this lito , thank you so much ,I was really hoping to know which hand held is recommmended so when i do reach out to him im ready. Thank you thank you
Lito tunes with SCT products.

Tungsten_3v_2006

Reaction score
Okay ima work on buying the sct , does the sct come with a tune for longtubes , its to my understanding he will want a full diagnostics of the car and he’ll create a tune! i have an engine light from the upstreams because of the headers I hope the sct will have abasic program i can run to lose the engine light and get it running semi decent so i can get a proper scan for him.

MrBhp

Reaction score
I think the upstream you want to get right. He can turn off the downstream. I could be wrong. You need to direct these questions to your tuner guy. If you can't afford the sct and Lito, you might want to check into HP Tuners, tune it yourself

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
You absolutely must repair the exhaust leaks at the header flanges and collectors. Then a tuner can create a custom tune for the engine.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Okay ima work on buying the sct , does the sct come with a tune for longtubes , its to my understanding he will want a full diagnostics of the car and he’ll create a tune! i have an engine light from the upstreams because of the headers I hope the sct will have abasic program i can run to lose the engine light and get it running semi decent so i can get a proper scan for him.

Get the SCT x4 and do yourself a favor and buy a wideband AFR. I use an AEM which has been very reliable and doesn't need calibrating. An AFR will allow you to monitor what the engine is doing and allow your tuner to dial in the tune. I also have a tune by Lito. Best money and I ever spent and less expensive than anyone local. Lito will walk you thru the setup and download/upload of tunes. Follow directions and you'll be fine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back