Roush Charger going in this weekend !!!

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I had to do it, I bought the Roush TVS kit and will be installing it this weekend. I also bought the VMP 82mm pulley to add to the fun. Brenspeed will be doing my tune. Once they get this ironed out I will adding the JLT intake too. To anyone with this blower, what ya think??

Also anyone who has installed, any tips or pointers??

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
It's not that difficult if you've done a bunch of them. Seriously, I think Brenspeed said their standard blower install price was something like $750 or so. I ended up paying much more since my mechanic didn't have a clue and just charged me hourly while he figured it out. All depends on your experience level and access to the proper tools. I might tackle one now that I've seen how it's done but a year ago I wasn't willing to chance it.

Reaction score
Does that 750.00 include the tune? If so that's a bargain. :x

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i installed my Saleen. It really isn't that hard. Read the instructions first, all the way through. Several times. Gather the tools they tell you too, and get after it. Huge sense of satisfaction when you turn it over that first time and it fires right up.

Not sure if the instructions for the Roush tell you take the hood off or not, but do it regardless. Makes things easier to not have anything over your head.

SS KILLR

Killer of the SS
Reaction score
I'm stoked! hopefully I'll be installing mine at the same time. We can bounce any issuses off each other.

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
I installed my Whipple HO and IAT relocate myself. It wasn't difficult - I just took my time.

All the parts laid out:

IMG_6360.jpg

I've turned alot of wrenches on this car myself since then as a result of the confidence gained from that first install.

larry03gt

forum member
Reaction score
Your going to love it on the coyote motor!! Install on it is not that bad. just follow in 70page instructions. Mine is tunes very safe AF only gets to 11.9 at peek and I pushed out a 554hp & 494tq to the wheels. Only other mods is the JLT big air Heartthrob 3" cat to Axel pipes and flowmaster axle backs.

Attachments

• 2012-03-24_17-50-24_823 (3).jpg
    2012-03-24_17-50-24_823 (3).jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 2012 dyno #.jpg
    2012 dyno #.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 29

SS KILLR

Killer of the SS
Reaction score
Your going to love it on the coyote motor!! Install on it is not that bad. just follow in 70page instructions. Mine is tunes very safe AF only gets to 11.9 at peek and I pushed out a 554hp & 494tq to the wheels. Only other mods is the JLT big air Heartthrob 3" cat to Axel pipes and flowmaster axle backs.

NICE!

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
I having my dads friend who is a ford junkie help me so it wont be bad, Do i have to take off the front bumper? I cant wait to get this thing on. I like you laid everything out, thats exactly what i do.....

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
It took more time to hand sand and polish the water crossover than the entire rest of the install. You can see the original sand cast finish in my first pic and the polished finish in the pic below.

IMG_0402.jpg

Take your time and pay attention to the details (wiring connections, hose and wire routing, etc). It's better to take a bit of extra time to do it the way you want and do it right the first time, rather than rush and then have to troubleshoot later on.

Last edited:

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Read the instructions a few times before starting. By the time you come to install it you'll barely need to look back at them.

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
My best suggestion is to get a few folding tables (I have two 6 footers) and lay out the blower and tools on them. It makes working so much easier when everything is laid out.

Scuba-Matt

Boost freak
Reaction score
My best suggestion is to get a few folding tables (I have two 6 footers) and lay out the blower and tools on them. It makes working so much easier when everything is laid out.
Thats what I always do, It helps a lot.
OP, in the Roush instructions near the completion of the install. Roush never instructs you to connect the IAT sensor. Dont forget to do so.

Brewster

forum member
Reaction score
The TVS is a great blower. I put one on my 2007 and it puts down 500rwhp. On your 5.0 I image it would do quite a bit more. My car drives like stock until you drop the hammer, then it's business time. A brand new BMW 650 coupe (dealer tags still on) decided to test me the other day...I quickly showed him my tail lights. You'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
Another question, I have the aeroforce gauge and i have the extra part to read boost, does anyone know exactly know how to hook this up..

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance, what is the IAT sensor? :)

It's the Intake Air Temperature sensor - and measures the temp of the air entering the induction system. The stock IAT is part of the MAF sensor. On a blower car, the air temp can change dramatically between the MAF and the cylinders (due to the supercharger and charge cooler) and therefore measuring the temp at the MAF isn't particularly useful for engine control. One option is to relocate the IAT sensor to the intake manifold (or an intake runner) to measure the actual temp of the charge entering the cylinders. Mine is relocated to runner 6:

IMG_6662b.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back