Roush Charger going in this weekend !!!

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
It's the Intake Air Temperature sensor - and measures the temp of the air entering the induction system. The stock IAT is part of the MAF sensor. On a blower car, the air temp can change dramatically between the MAF and the cylinders (due to the supercharger and charge cooler) and therefore measuring the temp at the MAF isn't particularly useful for engine control. One option is to relocate the IAT sensor to the intake manifold (or an intake runner) to measure the actual temp of the charge entering the cylinders. Mine is relocated to runner 6:

Is that the parts from the AM kit you used? I don't recall a brass fitting for it. Details appreciated!

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
I bought the sensor directly from Ford. It's off a Lightning I think. The brass is probably overkill - it doesn't have to hold much pressure etc.

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
Is this something else i need to buy or something that comes with my kit?

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I bought the sensor directly from Ford. It's off a Lightning I think. The brass is probably overkill - it doesn't have to hold much pressure etc.

Is it a brass fitting or a reducer/adapter? I was just going to thread my sensor straight into the runner.

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
Is it a brass fitting or a reducer/adapter? I was just going to thread my sensor straight into the runner.

The brass is an integral part of the sensor and is 3/8" NPT. I drilled a 9/16" hole and tapped it. It's Motorcraft part number DY754 and the wiring pigtail is WPT-322 if I recall correctly.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
The brass is an integral part of the sensor and is 3/8" NPT. I drilled a 9/16" hole and tapped it. It's Motorcraft part number DY754 and the wiring pigtail is WPT-322 if I recall correctly.

I must've gotten a different sensor from AmericanMuscle then, their pictures looks nothing like DY754.

I'll just go to home depot and figure out what I need. I was just wondering if the brass was necessary and why you didn't just thread the sensor into the manifold.

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
I must've gotten a different sensor from AmericanMuscle then, their pictures looks nothing like DY754.

I'll just go to home depot and figure out what I need. I was just wondering if the brass was necessary and why you didn't just thread the sensor into the manifold.

From the pictures at AM it looks like Ford has replaced the brass with high strength plastic. The overall function, dimensions, and thread size/pitch looks the same.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
From the pictures at AM it looks like Ford has replaced the brass with high strength plastic. The overall function, dimensions, and thread size/pitch looks the same.

Gotcha, thanks!

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone give me a quick rundown of how to hook my aeroforce boost gauge up to the blower, i have the extra piece i need....

larry03gt

forum member
Reaction score
You should be able to just remove this plug and bolt on the boost gage.

2012-04-03_17-36-01_339.jpg

JerryC

Reaction score
another boost hookup pic

Here's another pic of the boost tap and the line hooked up.

Attachments

• boostline2.jpg
    boostline2.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 89

JerryC

Reaction score
I think any auto parts,store. Take the plug and the sensor so that you get the correct size tap and line.
You might have to go to a hardware store for the tap.

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
What sort of fitting do i need for the manifold? What should i ask for?

SS KILLR

Killer of the SS
Reaction score
What depinning tool are you using of what tool are you going to use and lastly where can I get one.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333689167.039951.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333689167.039951.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 52

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back