S&H Turbo Build- Frustrations

Nasty GT

Using stuff to do things
Reaction score
Hope it all works out for ya in the end ......but my guess is if you took the time you used to start this thread and started one with the picture of a 6" gap someone would have been able to help. And if someone in the future came accross this same issue the could have referenced your thread for a possible solution.

For me it sucks to see a thread with a great vendor/guy's name in the title and open it to find no visible evidence of the issue.

Good luck!

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
General rule of thumb, most of these kits are built with a stock car in mind. When a bunch of things are different on a car some items may not fit or need to be modified.

I don't know anything about the kit as its not the one I have on my car. I however do know Jeremy and his ability to help/assist anyone on this forum when asked if he knows the information. I've also had first hand experience with his want to stand behind the products he sells. I assume just from his character he wouldn't be in business with Bobby if he wasn't the same type of person. It is my opinion that this should have been solved through pm's/pictures of install/phone before taking to a gripe thread especially when the questions of v-band and such were asked in a thread that leads everyone to believe you don't know what you are doing. I'd never installed a turbo before but I sure as hell knew a lot about every single piece of the kit that was going on my car long before I even purchased the kit.

Memphis

I Aim to Misbehave
Reaction score
If in any way this was seen as a gripe about Jeremy/Bobby or S&H I apolagize. It was simply an expression of frustration with a project that snowballed beyond what I was expecting. I think I was pretty clear with my admiration of S&H's customer service and the fact that I may have been above my head. Yes my comment about the physical product was snarky, and again I am sorry if reflected badly on S&H. Yes the v-bands thing should have been my first clue and yes, I did stop at that point and ask questions. Jeremy cleared them up and I moved on.

Could I have swallowed my pride and asked for more help? Yes, if this project has taught me anything, it has been that an excess of the damn it all I can do it myself attitude hurts, well only myself. And Yes, I could have got on here when I realized I was into deep and asked for help-however to get it done in time to make my wife happy, I choose to take it to the shop. Personally, I trust them and have had good luck with them in the past.

At this point, after talking to the shop, it sounds like I ran into "the perfect storm" of aftermarket parts, suspension, manifold etc. Yes getting it to fit is more expensive than I would like. However, its out of my garage and the wife is no longer screaming at me.

Again, I apologize if this came across as an attack on S&H, I did NOT mean for it to come across that way. MODS- If you do feel this comes across as an attack on S&H, please remove this thread. I don't want it to negatively affect (effect?) them. I will start a new thread once I have the car back, show pictures, dyno numbers etc and everything I was able to figure out/ learn from the experience.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's all good man, just wished I knew a little sooner to help out and potentialy save you money from the shop. I know how you feel and can understand that you just want it done!

weather man

Persistence Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you had posted a thread in tech saying I am having trouble installing my new turbo, HELP!! You would have had a ton of help...the guys on this forum like helping fellow rodders who have the stones to tackle these big projects themselves. Never a bit of shame to admit you're in deep and need a helping hand.

It also keeps STKJOCK from muttering that the busiest thread on the forum is in the politic's section! :)

Good luck!

Memphis

I Aim to Misbehave
Reaction score
"Never a bit of shame to admit you're in deep and need a helping hand. "

I think that was the hardest thing to learn from this experience, could have saved myself a ton of grief if I hadn't been so damn stubborn and proud. As for the politics section, I don't dare go in there, don't think my blood pressure could handle that.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Man, the way these guys come together to help others I really wish you would have posted your issues early. There are enough people here that have done these builds, as well as others, that more than likely would have showed up on your doorstep with tools in hand to put this together for you for beer and pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodluck, I'm sure it's still gonna put a smile on your face.

rayS197

Reaction score
Memphis, you could have towed it down to Gregs House in VA and Jeremey, Greg, Jason and myself would have helped ya install the kit for the price you are being quoted. :omfg: might have cost ya lunch at Gregs favorite Sub shop.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
It's reading shit like this that makes me so glad I bought a Roush kit. Not only are they professionals with a top quality professional product, they package it like a professional. All bolts in sealed grouped and labeled kits. All parts, brackets, wiring etc is labeled. A thorough and complete installation manual is included. They made my installation a breeze. I tell ya, the last thing I want to do after a long day of fixing ambulances is to go home and get all pissed working on my car because of some piss off the wall brand of a company. It should be relaxing and fun.

I feel your pain man.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
If you had posted a thread in tech saying I am having trouble installing my new turbo, HELP!! You would have had a ton of help...

Actually, it probably would have gone like this:

1) Thread moved from tech to chit-chat, or chit chat to tech. Doesn't matter where it started, it would have been wrong.

2) Dog pile by forum members for being in the wrong section.

3) Dog pile by forum members for being such a dumbass - everyone knows how easy it is to install a turbo kit.

4) OP, on the verge of killing himself out of frustration, makes a final plea for help.

5) Forum members ease up, give him the help he needs, and he fixes his car.

6) Car makes great horsepower, OP earns respect, and is now one of the gang.

7) Repeat process on a new guy.

I think that about covers it.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

1) Thread moved from tech to chit-chat, or chit chat to tech. Doesn't matter where it started, it would have been wrong.

3) Dog pile by forum members for being such a dumbass - everyone knows how easy it is to install a turbo kit.

4) OP, on the verge of killing himself out of frustration, makes a final plea for help.

:thud:

I think the criteria for Tech is pretty simple and well explained.

MindIfISmoke?

Wrecking Crew
Reaction score
It's reading shit like this that makes me so glad I bought a Roush kit. Not only are they professionals with a top quality professional product, they package it like a professional. All bolts in sealed grouped and labeled kits. All parts, brackets, wiring etc is labeled. A thorough and complete installation manual is included. They made my installation a breeze. I tell ya, the last thing I want to do after a long day of fixing ambulances is to go home and get all pissed working on my car because of some piss off the wall brand of a company. It should be relaxing and fun.

I feel your pain man.
The pain your feeling is your brain hurting from not knowing wtf your talking about or reading the entire thread before you opened your mouth.

I just spit up my apple juice bahhhhahahaaa.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I feel your pain man.

I have to ask; are you insinuating that the S&H turbo kit is not a "top quality professional product"? You sure are sounding like it and my quesiton to you would be why? There have been other people who have purchased and installed their kits who have not had problems.

What's your beef or agenada with S&H?

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I have to ask; are you insinuating that the S&H turbo kit is not a "top quality professional product"? You sure are sounding like it and my quesiton to you would be why? There have been other people who have purchased and installed their kits who have not had problems.

I never mentioned S&H. Just a generalization of knowing how frustrating it is when dealing with ANY vendor that makes a product that is not installer friendly.
I've dealt with good and bad vendors over my 20+ years as a professional mechanic and fleet manager.

rayS197

Reaction score

Sounds like something another vendor would say! DOH!!! Hehe..

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
It does suck when you don't have all the instructions provided by the vendor, but guess what, next time you don't find yourself with enough directions, hand holding or pictures, you can visit here!

Back