The Offical Jegs 15" Wheel Thread

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Too much of a hassle for $10. Actually al liitle less when you factor in shipping costs. Plus, I usually get my orders from Jegs within a day or two.

thats why i order from summit they beat the price and ship asap .... just ordered some stuff 2 minutes ago , i just find the pn# then google it lowest wins lol

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thats why i order from summit they beat the price and ship asap .... just ordered some stuff 2 minutes ago , i just find the pn# then google it lowest wins lol

Summit had these on backorder till 1/30. That's why I went to Jegs.

jp's performance

shooting for 11.60's N/A
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Too much of a hassle for $10. Actually al liitle less when you factor in shipping costs. Plus, I usually get my orders from Jegs within a day or two.
$70 for 5 studs fuck that.i'll just buy the 615 size and get them in the rear axles.10 rear studs for $30.00 shipped.$140.00 for 10 studs is highway robbery.:wtf:

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
$70 for 5 studs fuck that.i'll just buy the 615 size and get them in the rear axles.10 rear studs for $30.00 shipped.$140.00 for 10 studs is highway robbery.:wtf:

Yup, it's highway robbery. But I don't need rear studs. I need front studs. As far as I know, the ARPs are only game in town.

cjtenney

Official Vendor
Reaction score

do you know what the stock wheel studs length is? Im trying to figure out if these will work with my stock wheels as well or if i am going to have to get longer lug nuts when i want to run my stock wheels. man this is going to be a pain to keep track of all these different size lug nuts for which wheel combo i run!

cjtenney

Official Vendor
Reaction score
FYI People.... 28x11.50-15 ET Streets fit awesome! Tire just tucks inside the wheel well and there arent any clearance issues! I was so pumped to see the results. My car is lowered as well (K-series FRPP springs) and Im going to have to have a SERIOUS launch in order for these to rub anywhere. I know you all are going to want pics, but its snowing here and cold as shit and my car is covered in a one car garage so its going to be hard to get any pics worth a shit. I tried tonight with my camera phone and the pics are worthless. Just trust me that this combo works great with the 15x8 5.5bs Jegs rear wheel! Oh yeah, and the 27.5x4.5-15 ET Fronts are a perfect match with these wheels for the front! I couldnt be happier with the setup that Ive got, except the 140 dollars im going to have to buy in front wheel studs DAMN! Anyway, Jegs/MT FTW!!!!

Last edited:

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So the 11.5 on the 15x8's fits ok? I think that may be what I go with

Fuck Bogart :beerdrink:

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Seems like more and more people are saying that these days for some reason..lol...

I think I am just gonna get the 8's myself and save the grinding on the other side..but what the hell, 10's would look good and help with the hooking

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
do you know what the stock wheel studs length is? Im trying to figure out if these will work with my stock wheels as well or if i am going to have to get longer lug nuts when i want to run my stock wheels. man this is going to be a pain to keep track of all these different size lug nuts for which wheel combo i run!

I don't know what the stock length is. I'll tell you once the new ones get here and I swap them out. As far as lug nuts, I just ordered some longer ones.

Hitman

Banned
Reaction score
Seems like more and more people are saying that these days for some reason..lol...

I think I am just gonna get the 8's myself and save the grinding on the other side..but what the hell, 10's would look good and help with the hooking
Dude, yer car is gonna pull to one side with all the metal you took off that caliper!:popcorneat:

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
lol...I'll do the other side just so I can get 10's on it....been looking at the Billet Specialties...hmmmmmm

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
FYI People.... 28x11.50-15 ET Streets fit awesome!

So the 11.5 on the 15x8's fits ok? I think that may be what I go with

Fuck Bogart :beerdrink:
Note that the 28x11.50-15 ET Streets have a tread width of 8.6"... that's why they fit on an 8" wheel. But the 28x11.50-15 ET Drag is 11" wide... you really need a 10" wheel for those.

I don't know what the stock length is. I'll tell you once the new ones get here and I swap them out. As far as lug nuts, I just ordered some longer ones.
Stock studs are 3" long.

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stock studs are 3" long.

No shit? The studs I just ordered are 3.315" long. I think I may be able to get away with using my stock lug nuts. I just assumed I needed longer ones for my street wheels.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
No shit? The studs I just ordered are 3.315" long. I think I may be able to get away with using my stock lug nuts. I just assumed I needed longer ones for my street wheels.
The studs I put in are 3.5" long, and these lug nuts work great with my street bullitts.

kbchevlvr

forum member
Reaction score
FYI People.... 28x11.50-15 ET Streets fit awesome! Tire just tucks inside the wheel well and there arent any clearance issues! I was so pumped to see the results. My car is lowered as well (K-series FRPP springs) and Im going to have to have a SERIOUS launch in order for these to rub anywhere. I know you all are going to want pics, but its snowing here and cold as shit and my car is covered in a one car garage so its going to be hard to get any pics worth a shit. I tried tonight with my camera phone and the pics are worthless. Just trust me that this combo works great with the 15x8 5.5bs Jegs rear wheel! Oh yeah, and the 27.5x4.5-15 ET Fronts are a perfect match with these wheels for the front! I couldnt be happier with the setup that Ive got, except the 140 dollars im going to have to buy in front wheel studs DAMN! Anyway, Jegs/MT FTW!!!!

looking forward to seeing pics. btw, why longer studs in the front? did you absolutly need the spacer? im holding onto hope i do not need spacers. the black 06 in one of these threads claimed he need NO spacers anywhere. unless these wheels are thicker than stock and just require longer studs.

cjtenney

Official Vendor
Reaction score
3/8" spacer in the front for sure. my car is an 06 and i dunno if that matters with the size of the caliper or whatnot. IMHO i dont think it would work without the spacer. Longer wheel studs are an optional thing, but I didnt feel safe with the amount of "bite" i was getting on the stock wheel studs. Not enough threads for safety. As far as the rears I am not running any spacers at all and not having any issues with clearing the calipers in the rear. The stock lug nuts and studs work fine on the rear. Im not going to lie, the pics will be awhile as the car is in storage over an hour away from where I live. I mounted the tires and wheels on the car last night and stood there and looked at it for about a half an hour and its perfect in my opinion. The "buldge" of the tire sticks out of the wheel well slightly, however the center section of the tire is well within the wheel well. I went with the 28x11.50-15 ET Streets bc I had great success with them on my stock Bullitt wheels in the 26x11.50-17 (1.5 60fts). Like I said, my car is lowered as well and I dont forsee any issues with rubbing. If I do, then I'll worry about it then, and Ill probably have a smile on my face bc the car pulled the front wheels or something hahaha. Wait nevermind, Im N/A. Also, in order for the black 06 that posted to have not used spacers, he had to do some serious grinding. Im talking SERIOUS. There is no way you could get the fronts on without a spacer without grinding....ALOT. spacers in front, rears no spacer. I listed the PERFECT tire sizes in my earlier post. Order exactly what I did and I promise you that you wont be disappointed. I also plan to drive these wheels and tires to and from the track. Hope this helps!

kbchevlvr

forum member
Reaction score
3/8" spacer in the front for sure. my car is an 06 and i dunno if that matters with the size of the caliper or whatnot. IMHO i dont think it would work without the spacer. Longer wheel studs are an optional thing, but I didnt feel safe with the amount of "bite" i was getting on the stock wheel studs. Not enough threads for safety. As far as the rears I am not running any spacers at all and not having any issues with clearing the calipers in the rear. The stock lug nuts and studs work fine on the rear. Im not going to lie, the pics will be awhile as the car is in storage over an hour away from where I live. I mounted the tires and wheels on the car last night and stood there and looked at it for about a half an hour and its perfect in my opinion. The "buldge" of the tire sticks out of the wheel well slightly, however the center section of the tire is well within the wheel well. I went with the 28x11.50-15 ET Streets bc I had great success with them on my stock Bullitt wheels in the 26x11.50-17 (1.5 60fts). Like I said, my car is lowered as well and I dont forsee any issues with rubbing. If I do, then I'll worry about it then, and Ill probably have a smile on my face bc the car pulled the front wheels or something hahaha. Wait nevermind, Im N/A. Also, in order for the black 06 that posted to have not used spacers, he had to do some serious grinding. Im talking SERIOUS. There is no way you could get the fronts on without a spacer without grinding....ALOT. spacers in front, rears no spacer. I listed the PERFECT tire sizes in my earlier post. Order exactly what I did and I promise you that you wont be disappointed. I also plan to drive these wheels and tires to and from the track. Hope this helps!

thanks for the break down. for the record NHRA rule for lugs and lugnuts are that the lug should engage the lug nut equal to its diameter. so a 1/2" dia. lug needs to thead into the lugnut 1/2".

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back