The Offical Jegs 15" Wheel Thread

autumn_again

Reaction score
oh i know. i made sure they worked before i bought the tires for the front. it took a little messing with but after trying a few times i got them to work perfectly. i am having a hard time with getting them torqued evenly with a 3/8 drive rachet haha, so tomorrow i'll be open to all my other tools which have been over my brothers for building his car up.

what size tire are you running for the front?

i'm running a 165/80/15 kumho and i love the look of it, but i have a feeling it may be a little shorter then your tire.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I had my old Weld Draglite XP's with a 4.5" BS, and 275/50 M/T's they stuck out like crazy, and were heavy as shit. Way heavier that my stock 18's...

I had decided to get rid of them a while back because I could not pull decent 60's with them at all, but could do some insane work with some 17's with M/T's on them.

Do y'all think that because my old Draglite's stuck out so much I couldn't pull good times? Could the weight of the wheels affected me that much as well? I never figured it out, and got sick of them and sold them.

Like others, I'm liking these Jegs wheels, but what's the weight of these suckers? IMO, I think I'd be down with picking up some of these, but I'm concerned with the weight, and fitment of them as well...

100_0001.jpg

100_0003.jpg

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I ordered a set to play with for front runners. I got v6 brakes up front, will see if they can be made to fit without the spacer.

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
I dont have any good pics of mine right now because im on my old ladies laptop..............(internet access is hard for me lol), but I can say mine dont stick out as much as the OPs because I have seen his in person. His really dont look bad at all, he just has a larger tire. I can text anyone a pic of them if you give me your cell number but i cant promise a great pic lolI went 11.90s on a 75 shot, and the skinnies help out alot actually. Heck i daily drive on mine!!!!

ROUSH STAGE 4

ANIL8R
Reaction score
I dont have any good pics of mine right now because im on my old ladies laptop..............(internet access is hard for me lol), but I can say mine dont stick out as much as the OPs because I have seen his in person. His really dont look bad at all, he just has a larger tire. I can text anyone a pic of them if you give me your cell number but i cant promise a great pic lolI went 11.90s on a 75 shot, and the skinnies help out alot actually. Heck i daily drive on mine!!!!

Congrats Mike! When I saw that run I called Jared and told him. Welcome to the 11's bro!!!

Hitman

Banned
Reaction score
This is the only thing thats holding me back from buying.

I dont like my wheels to stick out at all.
If you go with Bogarts you will get the same thing. I just don't understand why someone can't make a wheel to fit these cars correctly.

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had to grind on my calipers to get the Jegs Sport Lite wheel to work with a 3/8" spacer. I only got about 6 turns on the studs so I'll be getting the longer studs. I'm using a MT ET Front tire and it sticks out a little, but the tread tucks in under the fender. I'll live with it.

2168496a4175df33c.jpg

2168496a417748178.jpg

Hitman

Banned
Reaction score
I had to grind on my calipers to get the Jegs Sport Lite wheel to work with a 3/8" spacer. I only got about 6 turns on the studs so I'll be getting the longer studs. I'm using a MT ET Front tire and it sticks out a little, but the tread tucks in under the fender. I'll live with it.
more pics?

cjtenney

Official Vendor
Reaction score

2168496a4175df33c.jpg

2168496a417748178.jpg

please let me know what studs you go with. Ive been thinking of doing the same thing with the longer studs, but cant figure out what the correct knurl size, and thread pattern is for our cars. post up a link of the ones you order, please!

jp's performance

shooting for 11.60's N/A
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here it is guys.....15x8 with a 28x10.5x15 Stiff Side wall slick
SD534047.jpg

SD534048.jpg

SD534049.jpg

SD534050.jpg

SD534051.jpg

SD534052.jpg

SD534053.jpg
looks like i will be buying the 15x8 jegstars for the rear.shouldn't look to bad with the holeshot holestars i have for the front.nice fit looks good.should hook good hold on.:bigbeer:

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats 2.5 inches wider than the rim. Thats' some serious bulge, is that ok? Isn't the general rule not to go over 1.5" vs the wheel width?

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like it. Personally, I would probably use a smaller tire but it does look good! Thanks for the pictures!

:thumb:

Back