Whipple and Shaker, can it be done?

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Not sure.

However, if someone had a Whipple, and THEN wanted to add the Shaker, it could be done like Don's was with the KB. You would need to make the hole in the hood about 1-1.5" forward though so that the water trough would clear the pulley. Bottom trim ring would require some modification as well.

oh cool, gotcha. But if you did it backwards, shaker then whipple, the result would be a thread on adjusting the shaker to the TS and hood.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
That's the way Don had his. I couldn't do it that way because of the location of the s/c pulley on the 2.3 Whipple.

However, if someone had a Whipple, and THEN wanted to add the Shaker, it could be done like Don's was with the KB.

Yup. Mine worked with the 2.4L KB, but the 2.8L is much larger. Now that I have the 2.8L, I can't attach the scoop to the engine any more. I need to attach it to the hood. The pulley sits too high.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
More progress today. Cannot get back to it until Thursday though...

DSC_0000.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
looking good.
Question, when you installaed the whipple, was the Saleen Shaker not an option at the time, or.... was it not an option at all?

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Done. I'll wash the car today and get some pics up. Already fucked up my killer paint job. I was putting in the VERY LAST rivet and the gun jumped. Couple beers later I didn't care anymore. Funny how beer can be so useful.

looking good.
Question, when you installaed the whipple, was the Saleen Shaker not an option at the time, or.... was it not an option at all?

The SuperShaker was available when I got the Whipple, however, I already had a Shaker and was thinking I could make it work like Don's KB/Shaker did. It wasn't until the Whipple was on the car that I learned it would not work.

TruFiber B429 hood for sale - CHEAP!

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would love one on my car. Make a kit and sell them please. Let us know if it runs cooler. Sure should. Nice job.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Functional CAI?

Nope. I still think it could be though - if the hole in the hood was further forward. You would also need to get creative with the piping because of where the TB and intake sits.

Good job Roper but I think I would paint the rivets black.

Still undecided on that. I'm really diggin' the ratrod look my car seams to be taking on. It's certainly cheaper and you can drink tons of beer while you do the mods because you don't care what it looks like in the end.

this shot = the sex

nice finished product. :beerchug2:

Thanks :beerchug2: Took some better pics tonight but I'm out of town and can't download from that camera until late tomorrow night. Prolly start a thread over in the pic/vid section.

Drove the car over to the local Ford dealership and ordered my next mod - a "HYBRID" badge for a 2010 Fusion Hybrid. Stole that idea from Dustin...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back