for those of you with lightweight batteries...

Kaldar142

Reaction score
Well, i got myself a super lightweight small battery (8lbs) and i was wondering how you guys mounted yours?

i left mine upfront where the original battery was... took out the battery tray and did a little redneck engineering... lol

took the stock battery tie down strap and cut it to fit my new battery, used a self tapping screw and tightened it down. i also put doubled sided tape on the bottom of the battery to help it stay there (LOL)

how did you guys mount it? i dont know if this will be my permanent solution, but i went out and took a bunch of hard turns and it doesnt budge...

-Joe
IM000805.jpg

IM000804.jpg

Update:

Made my own battery tray for it;

DSCF1384.jpg

DSCF1381.jpg

DSCF1386.jpg

DSCF1383.jpg

Last edited:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's how mine is mounted too lmao I have to move it to the back when I get time

I just put some double sided tape underneath just to keep it secure

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
its so little!

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks like my waverunner batter haha

Personally i see no reason to go to a lightweight battery. Unlike the foxesand new edge cars, the battery is not sitting in front of the front tires on the front end. It is in a semi neutral position back on the firewall and behind the front wheels.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I used the same velcro I use on my stomp boxes on the pedal board... (guitar player talk...)

:rockon::whistling:

Kaldar142

Reaction score

Personally i see no reason to go to a lightweight battery. Unlike the foxesand new edge cars, the battery is not sitting in front of the front tires on the front end. It is in a semi neutral position back on the firewall and behind the front wheels.

so theres no point in losing 25lbs off the front end...?

Kaldar142

Reaction score
What battery is it?

DEKA EXT14

its the same thing Braille uses, except its not overpriced.

SO, i don't know if this is battery related or not... but i had it disconnected for a while (obviously) but when i'm driving and i clutch in, the RPMs dip to about 500, rise to 650 dip to 500 then go back to around 750... ???

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

ouchie!

word, I hear ya

who cares if you have to hoof it.. just hope it's not raining too heavy and too far from home.

Kaldar142

Reaction score
i did tons of research before buying the battery, so hopefully it will last... if not it was only $60.

by the way 94tbird, i hear you on the battery location... its in an awesome place stock... but come on $60 for 25lbs? seems like a good deal to me, especially when its the SAME exact battery braille advertises as their lightweight car batteries

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I might do something like that just for the track. Then put my Optima back in for daily driving. But either way, I want it in the trunk.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Its behind the front wheel, so technically it is neu tral weight. Consider it 25 lbs to balance the pass side vs your weight in thedrivers side

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Its behind the front wheel, so technically it is neu tral weight. Consider it 25 lbs to balance the pass side vs your weight in thedrivers side
With all due respect, that's hogwash. It is still in front of the center of gravity, so it's not "neutral". Losing weight anywhere is a good thing. And if you can't lose it, then shifting it to the rear is better than having it in front of the firewall.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back