for those of you with lightweight batteries...

Kaldar142

Reaction score
DSCF1384.jpg

DSCF1381.jpg

DSCF1386.jpg

DSCF1383.jpg

DSCF1379.jpg

Last edited:

Kaldar142

Reaction score
i made it to fit my DEKA ETX14 battery perfectly (which BTW hasn't skipped a beat), it is extremely lightweight.

i plan on fastening it down to where the stock battery is and then making a tie-down for it...

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
!

i made it to fit my DEKA ETX14 battery perfectly (which BTW hasn't skipped a beat), it is extremely lightweight.

i plan on fastening it down to where the stock battery is and then making a tie-down for it...

Thanks for sharing your find. Good luck with your venture Kaldar and shake the haters off! LOL!
Please keep us posted,

Gerardo

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Another option is the Odyssey PC680. <15LBS and 680 CCA. I used nutserts to secure the hold down to the firewall. The link below is to West Coast Batteries who sells the hold down as well. Aluminum or Matte Black Finish.

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc680.htm

I really like this set-up ... How long have you had it? Do you daily drive your car? Any problems? Any other electrical accessories? Gauges? Radar detector? Radio? Etc.

11SEC3V

Reaction score
I have been running this setup for about a year. The real credit goes to RENCH (Art Quinby) S197 forum member :beerchug2:. I improved the design using the nutserts....

The car is not driven daily, although I have driven the car to the track which is 100 miles round trip and I frequent the local Saturday night car shows around town. The only downside is the reserve capacity. I have to be careful not to run the E Water pump (11-12 amp draw) too long in the pits. I carry a jump box just to be safe.

I can easily run my laptop ( 2 amp draw) and upload tune changes without the car running.

While running anything goes. Tach, A/F gauge, Laptop Datalog, etc.

JAY86

forum member
Reaction score
thats an awesome mod for weight reduction.... but i think I would feel much better with a full battery for my daily driver.... not bad to have one of these batteries setup in the back for the track tho.... just a quick swap-aroo for different uses.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am looking to get one of these lightweight batteries as well. I have not heard any bad stories about the lightweight batteries either.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I am looking to get one of these lightweight batteries as well. I have not heard any bad stories about the lightweight batteries either.

Hmm .. I'm really thinking it might be a good cheap mod. The only thing I have to worry about powering is my radio (double din navigation), two gauges, radar detector but that's all while running. I do daily drive my car though. I might see how it works. I really like what 11SEC3V did as far as mounting. :hi:

JAY86

forum member
Reaction score
since this thread is on the topic of batteries... which is the better (best) optima battery for our s197's... the red top or the yellow?

LordBritish

forum member
Reaction score
For track use or a garage queen, this light weight battery looks great but I would be hesitant to use this for a DD - like my car.

Not only is my car a DD, it's also my ONLY means of transportation so it had better be dependable !!

ASRoff

forum member
Reaction score
If you have a 5-speed car who cares?!?! Just get the car rolling and pop the clutch. the car will start. :D

ASRoff

forum member
Reaction score
OH!! and to the O.P. Nice fab job on the Battery box! (coming from an aircraft mechanic)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back