My 3V Build

09Stroker

forum member
Reaction score
Well over the winter I will be doing my full engine build. I am currently at 531rwhp/462rwtq with the following setup:

Paxton Novi 2200 w/ air to air intercooler-9.6psi
AFM powerpipe
KB BAP
39lb injectors
GT500 throttle body
DBX85 in a blow through configuration
Kooks LT headers & catted-h
Steede CMCV Delete Plugs
3.73 gears
Hurst Shifter
FRPP Stingers

Will be going to:

I had originally bought one of those Saleen 302 stroker kits but found that the pistons won't work so in my search for options I decided to go with the big bore Boss block, the 3.800 stroker crank, 5.850 rods and am having Diamond make some customs pistons to get me into the 9.5 to compression range. This combo will yield a 327ci stroker. I am using ARP top to bottom also will be using a GT500 oil pump.

I will be supplimenting this with the lethal triple pump returnless fuel system & 80lb injectors. I will also be running an AIS methanol injection kit with 1 nozzle before the blower and 2 after the MAF. I will be using a JPC intake manifold & COMP Stg. 2 blower cams. I haven't decided whether I am going to get heads or not.

I am going to see what the NOVI 2200 is capable of: Running an 18% IW balancer, GIJoe 8-rib conversion & 2.7" pulley. If my math is right I should be hitting the max blower RPM @ 6000 rpm. Actual boost will remain to be seen, too many variables especially with Denver altitude.

For now I will be running the stock 5speed with a Spec3+ until it breaks then I will most likely go to a built auto.

As far as goals this will still mostly see street time with a few trips to the track. Before I catch a ration of crap from the nay sayers, I love working on cars and I have the financial means to do what I love. Call it a dyno queen if you like, its the build I enjoy. The reality is after its done I will probably drive it for a few months then pull it back apart to build something else.

Pics of the current setup - I will add pics as the build progresses.

P9190177-1.jpg

P9190178-1.jpg

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good build! Although, I would replace the GT500 oil pump with a stock oil pump + TSS billet gears

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the results, I am planning on something similar but not goig to spin the blower quite that fast lol.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
09stroker, looks like a nice build up man....gonna be sick!!

Keep us posted...

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good!

What gains did you see with the powerpipe?

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I second the "billet oil pump gears" suggestion. With the amount of money you are investing in this engine it just does not make sense to not use them.

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
I second the "billet oil pump gears" suggestion. With the amount of money you are investing in this engine it just does not make sense to not use them.

Wish these were out 3 years ago.... :damnit: I will third that motion though.

09Stroker

forum member
Reaction score
Looks good!

What gains did you see with the powerpipe?

Thats a tough one, I changed several things when I added the power pipe. I was at 444/396 with the 3.4 pulley at 6-7 psi & the long tube headers. With the addition of the power pipe, GT500 throttle body, 3.125" pulley and the CMCV delete plugs I made the 531 and stopped there because of the fuel system.

Does any of the vendors carry the TSS gears or do you have to get them directly from TSS?

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Thats a tough one, I changed several things when I added the power pipe. I was at 444/396 with the 3.4 pulley at 6-7 psi & the long tube headers. With the addition of the power pipe, GT500 throttle body, 3.125" pulley and the CMCV delete plugs I made the 531 and stopped there because of the fuel system.

Does any of the vendors carry the TSS gears or do you have to get them directly from TSS?

You can get them directly from TSS but I believe you pay some more. I had SD order them for me because he is building up my motor and he said they were $300.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back