My 3V Build

09Stroker

forum member
Reaction score
Does the pick-up tube that comes with the GT500 oil pump work with the stock 4.6 pan?

09Stroker

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got the motor and tranny out on sunday.
PA310203.jpg

PB010205.jpg

PB010207.jpg

PB010208.jpg

KIM_05_GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn....that thing looks brand new..

Edit: didn't see it was an 09..lol

09Stroker

forum member
Reaction score
Yes I should have just bought a used mustang with all the crap I am doing to it.

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
A few things !

If you don't get your heads done thats fine but at least get some bronze guides @ new seals with a good valve job . It looks like your going to be pushing 18-20 psi I would take a good hard look at the exhaust valve stems they look like there pretty thin ( I don't know if you would have a problem with them or not ...maybe some one with more valve experience can chime in ?).

I will tell you I'm a flat out hater on that meth spray crap , you can talk to the best 4.6 mod guys and they will tell you to ditch it ! ........ Over the last fifteen years I seen to many failures with the pumps,nozzles, black box brain in these kits causing catastrophic engine failures on high HP motors it just takes one brain fart and motors are shit , even if your using C-16 ,front mount inter cooler and someone that knows how to tune ! (just something to think about :thumb2:.

It good to see you kept your compression at 9.5.1 .....I always ran 10.1 with twenty psi and C-16 and never had a problem (with all supporting mods ).

It looks like a good motor build with the right parts ...good luck !

Last edited:

09Stroker

forum member
Reaction score
Do you all have any recommendations on what blow off valve to use? I was running a forge dump valve but I don't think it will handle the volume from ~20psi of boost.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I would take a good hard look at the exhaust valve stems they look like there pretty thin.....
6mm....what's the problem? Anyone pushing that much boost should have bronze guides and stainless valves anyway.

09Stroker

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks to JPC for the beautiful intake and Tom with Hurricane Performance for the awesome deal on the BMR K-Member and A-Arms.

I worked for a little while yesterday and got the k-member and a-arms put on. Just have to torque down the steering rack today. Having the engine out makes it a breeze...you can just sit up in the engine compartment.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back