gt500 brembo takeoffs on 2011 5.0

vakane

Minister of sinister
Reaction score
anything special I need to know to install the front brembo kit from a 2010 gt500?

or is it just a standard swap of rotors , dust shields etc.. do I need new brake lines? can I reuse the ones i have /?? thanks in advance...:thanks1:

sorry if this is not the right forum to post..:nk:

my car has standard brakes

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I know one thing for sure. If you're running the factory stock wheels your car came with, they won't clear the Brembo's without a spacer at a minimum. I believe folks have been able to use their stock lines, but let someone who has done it chime in on that.

vakane

Minister of sinister
Reaction score
I know one thing for sure. If you're running the factory stock wheels your car came with, they won't clear the Brembo's without a spacer at a minimum. I believe folks have been able to use their stock lines, but let someone who has done it chime in on that.

the good news is I have aftermarket wheels that do clear the brembos with ease.

I found a great pdf on the installation.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-2300-S.pdf

everything fits like a glove. thanks for everything

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaction score
I'm thinking about putting GT500 brembos on my car, after you cap the line i'm sure you're going to lose some brake fluid. What is the procedure for getting pressure back into the brake lines? Simply pumping the brake and adding lost fluid?

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
I'm thinking about putting GT500 brembos on my car, after you cap the line i'm sure you're going to lose some brake fluid. What is the procedure for getting pressure back into the brake lines? Simply pumping the brake and adding lost fluid?

You can't half ass it like the clutch line. That alone won't get the air out. The bleeder screws must be used. Not hard if you have a buddy. Or get the tool that pumps fluid back to the master cylinder. :)

Last edited:

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
$1325. Shipped for ST40 Stoptech kit with one piece slotted rotors in black or red. Ask me how I know;)

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I would rather get the lighter kit of stoptech.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
How bout 2013 GT500 6 piston brake kit? Are they a direct fit for the GT?

Yes they'll bolt right on, but wheel fitment is tighter because the '13 brakes are 15". But, the brake pads for the '13 are currently on backorder, so availability is no good right now. I have the calipers and rotors, just waiting on the pads.

F2Kmech

forum member
Reaction score
I just installed the GT500 4 pot Brembos with Hawk HPS pads and Motul fluid all the way around this last weekend. Stopping power is ridiculous. Hit the brakes from a very high rate of speed the same as I did with the stockers and I thought I was going to pull the suspension right out from under the car. Very happy. I got the Brembos used from 19COBRA93...Thanks!

I had Stoptech ST40 style with 2 piece rotors on a Subie years ago and they were awesome brakes. Plus, it was a daily driver. Just wish I had the capital for them again.

NotoNito

Reaction score
Yes they'll bolt right on, but wheel fitment is tighter because the '13 brakes are 15". But, the brake pads for the '13 are currently on backorder, so availability is no good right now. I have the calipers and rotors, just waiting on the pads.

By chance would you know if 19" GT500 2012 wheels should clear the '13 6 Pots? You sell the 4 and 6 pots? Pm if you do please

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
By chance would you know if 19" GT500 2012 wheels should clear the '13 6 Pots? You sell the 4 and 6 pots? Pm if you do please

Yes they will. I personally trial fit a set myself. The 19's will fit as well as the SVTPP wheels.

tpsmak

forum member
Reaction score
If any one is looking for GT500 brakes for their S197 let us know as we have a great package deal for about 30% less than the Ford Racing kit AND we give you Hawk HPS Pads, upgraded rotors, and stainless steel brake lines.

Here's our kit.
http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/tps-14-4-piston-brembo-gt500-big-brake-system-2005-2012-mustang.html

BTW, if any one is interested in Stoptech abd Baer we're a Stoptech and Baer dealer and can give you smoking prices on them

tpsbremboslot.jpg

tpsbremboxdrill.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back