06 GT build thread , Saleen , Coyote

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
It's bc everyone that's done it says what a pain the azz it is and that there is just tones of fab work or things just don't line up.

I'm waiting to see the diy write up on this but that doesn't seem like the case with this one.

Phansm72

forum member
Reaction score
I'm waiting to see the diy write up on this but that doesn't seem like the case with this one.

A lot of the bitching I have seen has been from the know nots and guesstimators ... and also folks that have bought new crate motors etc and new stuff , the cost adds up exponentially (sp?) Now that the motors are slowly getting more plentiful , deals will be out there and the kinks are being figured out in the swapping process I believe this will become more of a popular swap. The only REAL issue I see is TCS not working. Everything else meshes like a well oiled transmission.

There was a problem in the beginning with the FRPP control pack setups stalling and not running right , driveability issues because they didnt have a speed input. Now that they have showed how to wire in the speed sensor into the pcm connector it has solved a lot of speed dependent problems.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
A lot of the bitching I have seen has been from the know nots and guesstimators ... and also folks that have bought new crate motors etc and new stuff , the cost adds up exponentially (sp?) Now that the motors are slowly getting more plentiful , deals will be out there and the kinks are being figured out in the swapping process I believe this will become more of a popular swap. The only REAL issue I see is TCS not working. Everything else meshes like a well oiled transmission.

There was a problem in the beginning with the FRPP control pack setups stalling and not running right , driveability issues because they didnt have a speed input. Now that they have showed how to wire in the speed sensor into the pcm connector it has solved a lot of speed dependent problems.

I sure hope this is the case!!

I got my eyes on this thread and you are sure giving me a lot of hope my man. Keep us up to date.

Phansm72

forum member
Reaction score
1398574_10152383957573289_2035343888_o.jpg

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That car is sinister, I love it! You just need some black brembo brakes and your good to go!

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Either to get rid of those ugly stock calipers. I am so happy with my gloss black brembos. Had to paint my stock rear calipers to make them not stand out so much with the Vossens.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152303213328289

That's when I first loaded the cammer tune , it sounds the same right now through the open headers into the x-pipe , waiting on my saleen center exit exhaust to show up so I can run it to the muffler shop , I have 3 inch stainless electric cutouts Im installing too. Not the best quality video , turn it up.

You might be my new S197forum hero!

:cheers:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back