11-14 Springs on 05-09 - School me!!

ChrisGT

Nice Shirt Bilkins
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I want H&R Super Sport springs. I don't care as much about handling on a track.. I just want the car as low as it can go without going coilovers.

So, H&R Supersports are listed as a 1.7" / 1.9" drop on the 05-09 specific springs. They are listed as a 1.7" / 2.4" drop on the 11-14 specific springs. Why is this? Are the springs actually lower?

Can I run the 11-14 springs on my 07? I see other spring manufacturers advertising their springs for all 05-14 cars.

05-09:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/hr-super-sport-springs-2005.html

11-14:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/hr-sport-springs-2011gtv6.html

Thanks!

NDSP

forum member
Reaction score
I believe, without actually researching it, the difference in ride height is due to 2 factors. 1) 11-14 mustangs are heavier than 05-09, so more drop.
2) Stock springs (rear specifically) produce a higher ride height on 11-14 so these H&R springs will result in a larger drop.

I'd be surprised if there is actually a difference in the two parts, just a different result due to the differences in the model years.

ChrisGT

Nice Shirt Bilkins
Reaction score
Ok so the factory 11-14 rear springs just sit up a little higher than 05-09. Cool, thanks NDSP. I just read that the front strut mounts on the 2011+ mustangs are about 1/4" longer than the 05-09 ones, though... now I'm afraid the 2011 springs are 1/4" taller and would in turn make the front of an 05-09 sit up higher.

Arrrrrg, I found a great deal on some that came off a 2013. I'm torn. I don't want more wheel gap in the front than in the rear lol.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
So, what do you think, guys? Chilean sea bass recepies has already been done. Favorite combination of pizza toppings?

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
I have the exact same H&R springs and Billstein struts/shocks and wheels that were on my wife's 2008 and now on her 2011 and it sits the same height on both cars we have had them on

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
So, what do you think, guys? Chilean sea bass recepies has already been done. Favorite combination of pizza toppings?

This bar is about to get interesting.

:popcorneat:

How about a Chili Mac recipe? Equally disgusting as sea bass...

Ingredients
1 pound corkscrew shaped pasta with lines or elbows with lines
2 pounds ground sirloin
2 tablespoons (2 turns around the pan in a slow stream) extra-virgin olive oil
1 sweet onion, chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, seed and chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons (1 1/2 palm fuls) dark chili powder
2 tablespoons (1 palm ful) cumin
2 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce
Coarse salt
1 cup beer or beef broth
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
Chopped scallions, for garnish

Directions
In a large pot, boil pasta until al dente.

Meanwhile, in a big, deep pot, brown beef in oil over medium high heat. Add onions, peppers, and garlic. Season meat mixture with chili powder, cumin, cayenne, and salt. Cook together 5 minutes, stir in beer or broth, and reduce liquid by half, 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.

Drain pasta. Add hot pasta to chili pot and stir to coat pasta evenly. Remove from heat and garnish big bowlfuls of chili mac with chopped scallions.

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
Now were talking. On MY pizza, I prefer a little Greek action. Now I'm not talking about a bunch of Greek dudes jizzin' all over my pizza. Not that kind of action. Feta cheese-Boom. Marinated artichoke hearts-Boom. Chicken-Pow. Sun-dried tomatoes? You fuckin' betcha! A few olives and a toss of parmesean....sheit.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back