2010 brakes

mot250

forum member
Reaction score
Bigger rotors with same pad (surface area) and calipers = more mass in the rotors to handle/dissipate the heat

Also, moving the pads out farther adds leverage to the clampling force like adding a cheater pipe to your wrench to break loose a stubborn fastener.

Sounds like a great and relatively cheap upgrade for the street! Especially if you are already in the market for replacement rotors.

Does this mean they will be better on the track? Well, they should last longer than the 05-09 set-up but certainly not be as good as the 14" Brembos.

I have nothing to back this up with besides theory, however. I'm still running the 05-09 rotor set-up.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Pretty positive the only difference is the rotors and caliper mounting brackets..would be a cheap and easy upgrade, if it's worth it that is.

which is the question. Has anybody done this and was there a big enough difference to be worth it?

There doesn't seem to be alot of 2011 aftermarket/stock size rotors available for sale yet.

Seems like it would be worth it if you were going to replace worn out stock 12" rotors with stock 13" rotors.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Last edited:

george06

forum member
Reaction score
nice pics, those aren't stock Ford rotors, where did you get them ? I see the Ford part numbers on the brackets, are the 13" 2011 GT rotors no good ?

I found the rotors here www.brakeperformance.com, P/NCB-61098 Drilled/Slotted 336 mm=13.22".Will be here at the end of the week.
They have all kind of rotors from plain to dimples $160.00 to the door, Salesperson name Athena. Will take photos when they get here

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
I found the rotors here www.brakeperformance.com, P/NCB-61098 Drilled/Slotted 336 mm=13.22".Will be here at the end of the week.
They have all kind of rotors from plain to dimples $160.00 to the door, Salesperson name Athena. Will take photos when they get here

yea I found those when I went to the AFM thread. Good price. Report your findings when you get a chance. I'm torn between slotted and stock rotors. There's 2 camps on the two.

george06

forum member
Reaction score
yea I found those when I went to the AFM thread. Good price. Report your findings when you get a chance. I'm torn between slotted and stock rotors. There's 2 camps on the two.

The rotors are great, for the money you can't find anything better. Having said that, my car is not a DD i only use it to go to car shows, week end drives etc.I do not race it. The stopping power (for lack of a better term) improved approximately 20%. A very good investment for the money spent.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
The rotors are great, for the money you can't find anything better. Having said that, my car is not a DD i only use it to go to car shows, week end drives etc.I do not race it. The stopping power (for lack of a better term) improved approximately 20%. A very good investment for the money spent.

20% is a pretty good gain for the $$$. My car too is just a weekend cruiser, an occasional car show subject but it also gets to the drags a couple times a year. And an autocross and track day occasionally. In it's current n/a state it's top speed down the straights in only 120-125 but turn 1 @PIR is tight, so it's hard on the brakes. A 20% improvement would help.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back