302" Stroker Shortblock - $3500

Status
Not open for further replies.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
is there any kind of warranty on this? Looking for a built short block for my 06 saleen with a 76mm turbo.

Same as just about any other shop. If something silly happens then I will work with you to get it fixed. If you or your tuner does something stupid.....I'll help you give it a proper burial. Today's special.....pay for the shortblock or put a deposit of $1000 in my Paypal in the next two hours and the shipping is on me.Anyone interested.... [email protected] is the Paypal address. Send it as a personal gift to avoid the 3% fees.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Due to the nature of how these engines will be used there is really no warranty. I am in no way financially able to do that. Even giving a "3 year parts warranty" is asking for trouble. I could do the same thing and insert wording stating that if, upon inspection of damaged parts, it is deemed that breakage was due to racing or improper treatment of said parts your warranty is null and void. That would require an assload of legal jargon and documents. Thus, the shortblock would cost $5000 instead of $3500.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Due to the nature of how these engines will be used there is really no warranty. I am in no way financially able to do that. Even giving a "3 year parts warranty" is asking for trouble. I could do the same thing and insert wording stating that if, upon inspection of damaged parts, it is deemed that breakage was due to racing or improper treatment of said parts your warranty is null and void. That would require an assload of legal jargon and documents. Thus, the shortblock would cost $5000 instead of $3500.
Then you would start to sound like MMR.:roflmao::roflmao:
Merry Christmas SD.

Earl

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
shit mmr has a 1 year warranty. I no thats how warrantys work, but im just gonna throw 12psi of boost and drive it on the street so it would work for me.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't want this to get off track and turn into another MMR thread. Onequickstang just so you understand, like SD tried to tell you, there really isn't any warranty on a race engine. The ones that are offered are not worth the ink they are written with because they have so many loopholes to give the company an out. If you buy an engine from someone reputable, either a good small operation or something like Livernois, They are all going to do the same thing if it fails. They will look at the results and decide if it was something they did in the build or if it is a part or tuning failure. If they decide it was their fault most good shops will step up and offer some help with the problem. If they decide it was parts or tuning then for parts they just refer to the manufacturer, which goes nowhere, or if it's tuning your just out.

I think you would have about 1000% better luck getting help for a problem from SD than you would from fucking MMR.

It's all a crapshoot you can have the best parts, put together correctly and still have it fail. Just go into the build knowing that you could end up doing it all over again. If I needed an engine I wouldn't hesitate to have SD build it, at least I know it would be built correctly and not by someone with an air ratchet and another language.

Earl

Last edited:

05xgt

Reaction score
That simply put is "Hot Rodding". If you want guarantees I can guarantee you will die, and pay taxes. Or buy a "New Car" from a dealership "Warrantee 3yrs 36000 mi. BTW don't do nothing to the "New" car or your warrantee is VOID!LMAO

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
SD is just being HONEST...

*Warranty* is a false sense of security; ALWAYS fine print.

Its racing/racing equipment, no ones perfect, look over everything yourself, double, tripple check, and roll the dice.

Even Marks 20K break the bank 'perfect' RGR motor had a cam in 180deg.

Its racing, lets play... and occasionally... break stuff! :rock:

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
the mmr thing was a joke. Just saying mmr is junk and they offer a warranty. Being that it is Texas and im in Michigan I think I will buy one local if theres no warranty, so I can at least take the car to them if something bad happens.

Vapor08gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry to clutter up the thread. I was just making a joke to let off a little steam before SD saw it and blew a gasket.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok - this has gone way OT. SD will start a new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back