99-04 offset wheels

doodad

Let's race!
Reaction score
Bump!

I am thinking to get 99-04 offset black saleen wheels for my car. 18x9 up front with 245s and 18x10 with 285s. I am not lowered so I was wondering if i would have any rubbing issues. I am planning to lower her in the spring with sportlines or pro kit. How about then? Would they rub? Any issues at all?

Those who ran similar set up, i would appreciate if you chimed in and dropped your .02.

Thanks

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
Bump!

I am thinking to get 99-04 offset black saleen wheels for my car. 18x9 up front with 245s and 18x10 with 285s. I am not lowered so I was wondering if i would have any rubbing issues. I am planning to lower her in the spring with sportlines or pro kit. How about then? Would they rub? Any issues at all?

Those who ran similar set up, i would appreciate if you chimed in and dropped your .02.

Thanks

heres what i found on anther site.

here's what they look like on my car. I only rub when going fast over bumps on the freeway OR when carrying my track rims in the trunk for something. one thing though, i don't have rear seats, i have the rear seat delete. i think if you had a couple of passengers in the back you will rub. i'd go with a 40 size tire in the back instead of my 45's.

IMG_3679.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Got a question.....Found some 18x9 and 18x10 99-04 Saleen 5-spoke rims and I am wanting to put these on my car....What do I need to make these fit and what is the biggest Drag radial that I could run with these so that they don't rub or stick out too far...and what tire to put up front????

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
dont need anything to make them fit! Im runing that EXACT setup
Running 275's up front too.
carod11.jpg

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
dont need anything to make them fit! Im runing that EXACT setup
Running 275's up front too.
carod11.jpg

Those look bad ass on your car....I am wanting to go with the chrome ones......Do they rub any when you hit bumps or anything??? And do I need a wheel spacer or anything with them??? DO you know what the biggest size tire is reccomended to run with the 99-04 offset??

wusthof

forum member
Reaction score
I don't like the offset at all!! I don't like that fact that if I put anything bigger than a 255 on the back it'll stick out. a 295/30-20 flush is fine, but with a 45mm offset. I bought them because @ the time I only had so much money and these were in my price range to get rid of the 17" snowflake pinners. I would trade these in a heartbeat for a higher offset wheel ( and yes, not being lowered & splash guards doesn't help much in the looks dept.)

IMG_0099_edited.jpg

CopyofIMG_0098_edited.jpg

IMG_0101_edited.jpg

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
My car is SLAMMED and I have brembos on it with the 99-04 offset. No rubbing at all. No rubbing over bumps or sterring wheel lock out.. nothing! Ive had 285.40s on the rear and they fit fine. 18x9 and 275's all the way around are perfect for me and they look great with the offset ;)

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
My car is SLAMMED and I have brembos on it with the 99-04 offset. No rubbing at all. No rubbing over bumps or sterring wheel lock out.. nothing! Ive had 285.40s on the rear and they fit fine. 18x9 and 275's all the way around are perfect for me and they look great with the offset ;)

I think having the 18x9's out back helps with the no rubbing issue. I still run those up front but swapped the rear 18x10's for the same wheel in the 05+ offset and glad I did

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back