D/S Question

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are jack stands sufficient to remove/install the D/S? I am wondering if it will be high enough up to remove and get in with leaving the mid pipe in. I have limited driveway space so I guess my question is will the will I be able to do the job as long as I can fit under there or does it have to be rather high up? I did exhaust with my jack stands so I am hoping I can do the D/S with the tight space I have.

Thanks
Bob

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are jack stands sufficient to remove/install the D/S? I am wondering if it will be high enough up to remove and get in with leaving the mid pipe in. I have limited driveway space so I guess my question is will the will I be able to do the job as long as I can fit under there or does it have to be rather high up? I did exhaust with my jack stands so I am hoping I can do the D/S with the tight space I have.

Thanks
Bob

Yes I swapped out my whole transmission while the car sat on jack stands in my buddies garage.

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks, think I'll be good with not removing the X pipe on jack stands?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks, think I'll be good with not removing the X pipe on jack stands?

I removed my whole exaust from the headers back to do my swap. For just a D/S I can see leaving the x-pipe in but I'd probably just take it out to give myself more room anyway.

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
Did mine In a single car garage on jackstands with the stock H-pipe. You should be ok.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back