end MT-82 miss shifts

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Jeff, the rear mount with bushing will dampen the vibrations transmitted through the shifter from the transmission. Without that rubber mounted 'tail' on the shifter there's nothing to stop it from vibrating since it's just a long metal arm hanging off the transmission.

I think the Blowfish bracket was a genius creation but he failed to take the transmission's inherent flaws into account. It vibrates.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
^ Yeah, CJ jacked it up pretty good when they struck the deal with Steve. Supply and demand dictates the price must drop once the initial frenzy is over.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Jeff, the rear mount with bushing will dampen the vibrations transmitted through the shifter from the transmission. Without that rubber mounted 'tail' on the shifter there's nothing to stop it from vibrating since it's just a long metal arm hanging off the transmission.

I think the Blowfish bracket was a genius creation but he failed to take the transmission's inherent flaws into account. It vibrates.

The blowfish bracket with the MGW on my car does not produce much vibration at all. Intuitively, I like that the MGW bracket mounts to the BF bracket and not to the body of the car. It both gives you that damping while still avoiding binding. Agreed, using the BF bracket with the OEM lower box has produced a lot of NVH according to posts I've seen and BF has gone back to the drawing board on that set up.

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Gen3 MGW shifter is heading my way. Can't wait. I will post an uodate once i get the new shifter installed. :D

Chris

p.s.-MGW has new billet bushings for the trans end of the stock shifter support rod. George reports a huge improvement in rigidity of the stock rod. Price is $40 or so.

Last edited:

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Rob72:

Production item. Testing is done. Get your order in! MGW has a 'trade in'/core thing where Gen1 shifter owners can upgrade to the 'race spec' shifter. The trade-in thing only applies to a shifter owner who is the original owner/purchaser. But, please call MGW as I am only reporting what I read recently on their Facebook page. (There's a link in the MGW sub-forum in the Vendor forum here.)

If you like your current shifter, have the Blowfish bracket, and/or you don't track your car (or you don't like the $499 price tag for the 'race spec shifter'), MGW also has their billet/rubber bushings for the trans end of the stock shifter support rod.

Chris

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back