GT500 Brembo + DBA 5000's or Saleen/Stoptech kit

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
I've been considering 2 routes to take on the big brake kit. Looking for insight or experience.

Option #1
- take off or new GT500/ 2011+ Mustang Brembo 4 piston
- 14" DBA-5000 2 piece rotors
- stainless lines
- hawk or ebc pads

Approx. $1500

Option 2
- 6 piston Saleen (Stoptech) calipers
- 2 piece stoptech 15" rotors
- lines/pads included

$2000

I use the car as a DD in the summer, plus it sees car shows, drag strip passes and some private track days.

Trying to determine if the extra $500 is worth it.

I currently have 20" forgestars that will clear either kit. However the Brembo's will be easier to find other sets of wheels that will clear the Brembo's. For example I could find 18" or 19" take offs for road course wheels and there are many sets of drag wheels/tires ( racestars etc.) that will clear Brembo's. I'm worried it will be harder to find wheels 18" or 19" that will clear the huge stoptechs.

The Brembo route will also provide easier access to replacement parts... Your guys thoughts?

Last edited:

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Brembo! I had them and they work great. Now i have the Saleen/Stoptech 14" 4 piston, my rotors are warped and they want $800 for a new set, if i had Brembos rotors would be cheap and plentiful. Also, you can get the Brembos for way cheaper as a take off, they are out there.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
I like my Brembos but I wish they were bigger like 16". So if you go bigger you can't look back and say I wish I went bigger.

white_lightning

forum member
Reaction score
I like my Brembos but I wish they were bigger like 16". So if you go bigger you can't look back and say I wish I went bigger.

908SSP - do you get fade on your car with Brembo's?

I like doing things right the first time, the $500 extra doesn't seem like a bad deal for an extra 2 pistons, and an extra inch of rotor.

I think what has me more worried is the replacement cost of Stoptech rotors (like Moses said) and having a harder time finding road course and drag Race wheels to fit that aren't custom/cost a fortune.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back