Help. 3/4" Rear Drop-do I need any relocation brackets with LCA/UCA?

crazytownpictures

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry if it's been discussed but not too many people drop just 3/4". I have searched online for 2 hours. Learned a lot of stuff. All the basics as far as geometry and placement and how location affects the car...but I need assistance and opinions on my specific setup.

I have 325/50/15 drag radial tires in the back(wider fender flares for the guys that run 15's by the way) and a 3/4" drop. Just ordered a bunch of stuff. Now looking to order LCA/UCA's before Monday. Do I need (1)Relocation Brackets and do I need an (2)Adjustable Panhard bar???? Can I avoid the extra expense since I'm only 3/4" lowered back there?

*Also I want the LCA/UCA to be as quiet as possible. Help!

Thank you very much Forumn! :)

-C

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With the car dropped, does the LCA still look parallel to the ground? Is the front of the LCA still further away from the ground vs where it mounts to the rearend?

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
You probably will not need them; like psfracer stated, take a look at the LCAs horizontal relationship to the ground.

crazytownpictures

forum member
Reaction score
Almost level but not quite level. Should they be slightly higher to lower from front to back for a 1/4 mile car? It's a DD and setting it up for great traction for the 1/4

crazytownpictures

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. So I guess I'll go with a set of quiet adjustable upper and lowers with adjustable panhard bar and no relocation brackets. Not sure of the brand or what type of bushing but I guess I'll just hit up Amer Muscle, UPR, UMI and pick their brains before purchase.

Was curious and hoping to hear from members about their setup and recommendations

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
You are mostly DD, Don't get adj LCA's , get the fixed length w/poly bushings. Get adj UCA and set it to stock Length, also w/ poly bushing. If you get the other style end link they will make noise. ALOT..

GerRod

forum member
Reaction score
If you're getting all of those parts, might as well get the brackets too. I install all of the parts you mentioned and Relo brackets, and that stopped my wheel hop.

crazytownpictures

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks GerRod! Yea I will call all the venders and get a mixed bag of opinions and make a decission. I'm way more interested in these forumn responses! Thanks so much! Hate backtracking and having to sell parts after u find out they don't look great or don't operate or perform the best. I'm about to sell a grip of stuff soon here on the forumn. 295/50/15 RWL tires, white face gauges, gears and so on...

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
The same performance wise, I like the BMR stuff , but go with the ones u like. UPR package looks good to.

Last edited:

UMI Performance

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Once lowering the car if you notice a decrease in traction such as more tire spin the relocation brackets would help to sure this issue.

The panhard bar places the rear end centered under the car after you lower it. Since you are running a wide tire this might be a must for you.

Either of these items are needed but are recommended if the above issues happen you are looking to sure them.

We offer both items so please keep us in mind during your shopping.

I hope this helps!
Ryan

crazytownpictures

forum member
Reaction score
Ryan UMI-I will call you tomorrow (WED) to get a package price for the adjustable pan hard bar(Rear is slightly to the left if I remember. And the Relo brackets and upper/lowers

Quiet poly bushings-Gotta get whatever will help with noise

-Christian

UMI Performance

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Ryan UMI-I will call you tomorrow (WED) to get a package price for the adjustable pan hard bar(Rear is slightly to the left if I remember. And the Relo brackets and upper/lowers

Quiet poly bushings-Gotta get whatever will help with noise

-Christian

Christian,

Sounds great! When you call in you speak with Jerry. He is in our technical department and will be glad to help you out, he is great to deal with.

Thanks!
Ryan

Airborne2000

forum member
Reaction score
do you have some side shot pics you can post of the car? im wanting to put a 325/50/15 on my car and i have 3/4" lowering springs on already. i would like to see if it would still sit pretty level like it does now.

you are the only person on here i have heard of with thatr set up.

Back