Motors gone.

CataclysmGT

forum member
Reaction score
Techmotion is supposedly the "Alberta go-to guy" for tuning. He is booked 6 weeks in advanced, but I have no idea why. When I called him, he sounded like a moron. Pretty sure I could steal all his business once I get my training done, and some business loans to get started up.

Eric Brooks

forum member
Reaction score
Techmotion is supposedly the "Alberta go-to guy" for tuning. He is booked 6 weeks in advanced, but I have no idea why. When I called him, he sounded like a moron. Pretty sure I could steal all his business once I get my training done, and some business loans to get started up.

I think you would do well, and you have my support.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just check my plugs, they are brown.
I also looked under my car and confirmed that the rod is actually sticking out of the side of the block.

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the heads are okay. When my first one left go one of the pistons came back and f**ked that head also. If all your plugs came out looking okay, that is likely not the case.
Either way, you'll know more once its out and apart. You don't Dynotech cats on it by chance do you?

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Sounds like a big fish in a small pond..
I just check my plugs, they are brown.
I also looked under my car and confirmed that the rod is actually sticking out of the side of the block.

Man I feel for ya, Hate hearing these stories, especially at 400 hp..

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of good things about this guy.
I know that he is the terminator expert and has tuned SEVERAL 500rwhp++ termi's. He also owns a 9 sec NA fox, a Kenne Belle Terminator, and a vert 2v.

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I heard all kinds of good stuff a couple years ago also. I learned the hard way, then the bad stories started surfacing, and I thought to myself WTF??

Oh well, your attitude towards this is great. Look forward now, not back.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well $52/hour being a journeyman welder does help. Lol
To tell the truth I almost wanted my motor to go in a way. But now that it happened I am like. Shit, feels like I just broke up with my gf.
Man I love this car haha

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
SD, you have been around long enough to probably remember Brian Bradford's 98 Cobra. He was running a blower and nitrous on a stock motor, and had an insane amount of track passes on it before it ever broke.
Yup.....that thing was nothing short of amazing.

Detonation is not always because of a tune, but I would say the majority of broken rods (and oil pump/gears) are from detonation in some form or fashion (be it a failing pump, injectors, pegged MAF, bad gas, bad luck).
About 98% of them.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you guys have no where to go up there for a decent tune.

Ok, well whipple at 18 psi here we come I suppose. Next summer you will be running 10s.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
But now that it happened I am like. Shit, feels like I just broke up with my gf. Man I love this car haha

At least the heart of the car can be replaced with a bigger and stronger unit!!

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Were there any signs something was wrong before the rod peirced your block like a hot knife through butter? Any signs of detonation?

Did you inform the shop that your engine lived much longer on a canned tune?

I don't understand how these tuners charge significant sums of money, yet hold no responsibility for the messes they make.

Last edited:

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wayne Johnson at Brown Bros ford in Vancouver has many modular blower and turbo cars making good numbers and staying together. Just another option for us Canadians.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No signs whatsoever. AF was at 11.1-11.4, no detonation...8.66 max psi. I asked for a conservative tune.
It could have been bad gas. Too much power..

Starfire

forum member
Reaction score
This is the kind of story I don't like to here since I'm getting a SC, but I'm going to Brenspeed, I don't think I could get better.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back