New Personal Best

Misfit_5.0

Tools Required: Beer
Reaction score
Well being in El Paso with the track at an elevation of about 3700 ft and the DA being 5611 I went 12.54 @ 110 mph uncorrected and 11.66 @ 118 mph corrected. 60' time was 1.78 almost 1.79. The car was pulling like a champ with the new BBL LT's and the new 91 octane Lund tune.

Mods: JLT CAI, Lund 91 Oct tune, BBK LT's, BBK O/R X pipe, Flowmaster Outlaw Mufflers, Hurst Line Lock, Hurst STS, and Weld RTS 15x10 with 26x10.5 MT ET Drags. The car is a base model with 3.31 gears.

So now to the help. I want to get new gears but I don't want to waste a bunch of money redoing things. Currently I don't even shift into 5th and in the 2011 I had 4.10's and was shifting into 5th just before the finish. Sould I go with 3.73's and the same tire or a taller.

More or less, what tire size and gear setup should I run? I do plan on doing a KB SC at some piont in time, but I don't see it coming in the near future.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Last edited:

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
If the conversion is realistic then you gained quite a bit from just intake/tune and exhaust! Awesome man.

Misfit_5.0

Reaction score
If the conversion is realistic then you gained quite a bit from just intake/tune and exhaust! Awesome man.

Thanks. I used the one on dragtimes.com but the others that I checked are spot on also. Either way, I love how the car has turned out so far.

2DaDarkZide PR

Vroom, Burble, Burble
Reaction score
When elevation and DA is high, cars run slower than they're truly capable of. So the correction is for the conditions if it were sea level and cooler or whatever. You input the parameters for the conversion.

Misfit_5.0

Reaction score
What do you mean by corrected and uncorrected?

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php

Fill in your date and the track (if listed) then it will let you select the time of the pass and it will calculate the rest for you. El Paso Motorplex is not listed but Thunder Alley is. One is on one side of town and one on the other. So I went with Thunder Alley. The difference between the track info is minimal if any.

Godzirra

Asian Idiot
Reaction score
If you're going boost or nitrous don't go below a 3.55 otherwise you'll be shifting to 5th. In having to run a 28in tire and 3.55s to keep it in 4th

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back