Only 3.4 HO in the country...

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
Of course... now you'll find out where the weak link is in the powertrain/driveline. oops.

Or maybe the brakes LOL..... hopefully there's plenty of room to slow down at that track. If not, may want to add a parachute too. :samuri:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats Mark! Looking forward to the results

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You plan on breaking in that motor or just going for it like normal?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats Mark, I bet your excited to finally be able to drive something bigger then a go cart! But:
:worth:

Black Tooth Grin

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ChevyKiller said:
attention20whore3lm9.jpg

Anyone setting the under/over on how long this setup will last? Or better yet, how long it will be before he tells everyone how he can't make "X" power with "Y" setup reguardless of wheter or not anyone else has done it, and he now has something completely different he is going to do on the super secret in conjunction with all the big name players he can throw names of out that he is buddy buddy with that is going to provide him one off parts for his (quickly approaching and just speculating) $150k Mustang?

I'm just saying.. seems like we have seen this movie before.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
History will repeat itself of course, but I'd say 1-2 months before he tries to go for more. I say put a 5.4 in there.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mark, how much your car weights on race trim with you inside?

LSlayer

forum member
Reaction score
I give it 9 months fore someone is trying to fit a 305 blower under their hood. Its all about 1-upsmanship. Thats what keeps people in this game.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't know...there's only so far you can go with a twin screw on these cars. Next is either a new big-bore Ford aluminum block with all the new insides, or a ProCharger F1.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know...there's only so far you can go with a twin screw on these cars. Next is either a new big-bore Ford aluminum block with all the new insides, or a ProCharger F1.
Or twin turbos if he really wants to go fast. :evil:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mark, how much your car weights on race trim with you inside?

4000 lbs.

Man oh man some people are really concerned with my money...lol (not you - ed)

Personally, I've got far less money in my car than most people think but it doesn't matter anyway. If I want to drop a million dollars on my car, that's my thing and perhaps those of you who are so concerned with other people's money should learn how to make your own and stop envying those who have it...:321:

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
4000 lbs.

Mark, I don't know how accurate are this calculators but according to this ET calculator you will need 925 rwhp with your Auto to run a 5.99 on the 1/8.

Now for you to run a 8.99 on the 1/4 you need 1090 rwhp, Are you planning lo leave the car at 4000 lbs? If you do I think that 3.4 whipple will need some Juice to achieve your goal.

Good Luck Mark! And go kick some Ass!!!:samuri:

http://bbs.hardcore50.com/calc/index.php?mode=estimateet

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What a pig... :moon2:

BTW, why do you think it's so heavy? I seem to remember you getting it weighed at FFW, right?

I had mine weighed at the track last year, and it was 3,547 pounds w/o driver.
3450 w/driver (who is not light) last time at the track, but have taken some more weight out since then .

Sheesh - are you guys leaving in the ballast or what? Check your frame rails for tunsgten blocks?

A lot of seems to be the IUP setup - leather interior cars seem routinely above 3600 and those without at or below that mark. Frame rails and extreme roll bars don't help, but they aren't 500lbs either...

Maybe its all those gauges?:samuri:

The saleens are dripping in plastic body parts - I know they are about 4000lbs too...

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Mark, I don't know how accurate are this calculators but according to this ET calculator you will need 925 rwhp with your Auto to run a 5.99 on the 1/8.

Now for you to run a 8.99 on the 1/4 you need 1090 rwhp, Are you planning lo leave the car at 4000 lbs? If you do I think that 3.4 whipple will need some Juice to achieve your goal.

Good Luck Mark! And go kick some Ass!!!:samuri:

http://bbs.hardcore50.com/calc/index.php?mode=estimateet
I just played with that calculator, and it has a lot of variability in it. It even says it has a +/- 5% margin. I tested it for my best ET (7.08), and it says I need 523rwhp (at 3740 lbs). I never had that much.

Black Tooth Grin

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Personally, I've got far less money in my car than most people think but it doesn't matter anyway. If I want to drop a million dollars on my car, that's my thing and perhaps those of you who are so concerned with other people's money should learn how to make your own and stop envying those who have it...:321:

Please don't be so arrogant as to confuse my comment with me being concerned in any way about you, your car, your financial situation, or me having any form of envy of you. (See there.. I can say fuck you without saying fuck you also. Except I was able to do it without having to rely on a smilie)

I'm just saying, I am pretty sure that I have seen this before.

Mark buys a car
Mark put on a Procharger
Mark declares that a Procharger is the best thing on the street
Mark has problems with his Procharger
Mark says you can't get the power out of a Procharger
Mark buys a KB
Mark declars the KB is the best thing on the street
Mark can't get the power out of his KB.
Mark rebuilds his motor
Mark buys a different KB
Mark declares his new KB is the best thing on the street
Mark can't get the power out of his new KB
Mark buys a turbo kit
Mark declares his turbo is the best thing on the street
Mark can't get the power out of his turbo
Mark buys a different KB
Mark can't get the power out of his KB
Mark builds another new motor
Mark buys a Whipple
Mark declares it is the best thing on the street

Like I said... anyone want to set the over/under on this one?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back