Only 3.4 HO in the country...

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Please don't be so arrogant as to confuse my comment with me being concerned in any way about you, your car, your financial situation, or me having any form of envy of you. (See there.. I can say fuck you without saying fuck you also. Except I was able to do it without having to rely on a smilie)

I'm just saying, I am pretty sure that I have seen this before.

Mark buys a car
Mark put on a Procharger
Mark declares that a Procharger is the best thing on the street
Mark has problems with his Procharger
Mark says you can't get the power out of a Procharger
Mark buys a KB
Mark declars the KB is the best thing on the street
Mark can't get the power out of his KB.
Mark rebuilds his motor
Mark buys a different KB
Mark declares his new KB is the best thing on the street
Mark can't get the power out of his new KB
Mark buys a turbo kit
Mark declares his turbo is the best thing on the street
Mark can't get the power out of his turbo
Mark buys a different KB
Mark can't get the power out of his KB
Mark builds another new motor
Mark buys a Whipple
Mark declares it is the best thing on the street

Like I said... anyone want to set the over/under on this one?

In all fairness, let's correct your mistakes...

Mark buys a car
Mark put on a Vortech
Mark declares that a Vortech is the best thing on the street (Now at the time the Vortech and Procharger were the ONLY choices for FI for an S197 and yes, the vortech IMO was the best thing for the street versus the procharger)
Mark has problems with his Vortech (I NEVER had a 'problem' with the vortech - I just couldn't run 18+ psi without losing a tensioner instantly. At the time there was NO tensioner solutions for anyone - in fact - it wasn't until over a YEAR LATER any type of solution was discovered)
Mark says you can't get the power out of a Vortech (what I said was you can't run 18+ psi on it which is STILL TRUE TO THIS DAY)
Mark buys a KB (wrong - Mark bought a powerhouse turbo kit after selling the vortech for $3000)
Mark declars the Turbo is the best thing on the street (at 14 psi it was)
Mark can't get the power out of his Turbo. (Mark couldn't get the turbo streetable with 16+ psi with a 4r70 trans. At the time every single kit out there was also a draw or suck through system which EVERYONE was having streetablility problems with autos. After my troubles, the majority of kits conveniently became blow through systems as I recommended 2 years ago)
Mark rebuilds his motor (because improperly made JDM Heads caused a catastrophic failure)
Mark sells his turbo kit for $4000
Mark buys a KB for $2500
Mark declares his new KB is the best thing on the street (it was and at the time the whipple was not even out yet and still waiting on a release date)
Mark can't get the power out of his new KB HO (mark can't run over 18 psi on the street with the KB which NO ONE CAN)
Mark builds another new motor (Wants more cubic inches)
Mark buys a Whipple 3.4 HO for a good deal
Mark declares it is the best thing on the street (it is)

I don't mind you trying to be witty in my thread, just please keep the facts straight. Because of guys like me spending the money, trying new shit and pushing the envelope - you guys know what does what...period.

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mark, I don't know how accurate are this calculators but according to this ET calculator you will need 925 rwhp with your Auto to run a 5.99 on the 1/8.

Now for you to run a 8.99 on the 1/4 you need 1090 rwhp, Are you planning lo leave the car at 4000 lbs? If you do I think that 3.4 whipple will need some Juice to achieve your goal.

Good Luck Mark! And go kick some Ass!!!:samuri:

http://bbs.hardcore50.com/calc/index.php?mode=estimateet

Truth be told, 5.99 is wishful thinking. I'm honestly not expecting that and was talking shit. All joking aside, I'm expecting to be in the 6.20's this thursday at irwindale at 20 psi and down the road, i'll have a shot for 5.9x with about 26-28 psi.

I'm hoping to be a little lighter now that I got those heavy roush seats out. The big fat weight is because of ROUSH. The body kit alone when it's all said and done is about 300-400 lbs at least. Factor my hood, the giant icebox, the full cage and shit adds up. I've shaved weight about everywhere I can. I could drop 3-400 lbs by stripping the roush body kit off the car but I just can't bring myself to do it. I like the way the car looks as well as being fast so it is what it is. I'll just have to make the HP...lol

Last edited:

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
...guys like me spending the money...

I'm glad you mentioned that. When I picked up my Whipple today, I told them to just bill you directly. When you send them the check, make sure you put "Happy Birthday Stanley" in the memo space so they know where to apply the funds.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats. I wish I could afford 1 power adder, isnt this like your 4th? Vortech, turbo, KB, and now a whipple. Wow. You lucky SOB. lol

Whats next, a Saleen? :look:

A Saleen will never be on my car...lol

Money or not I still wouldn't just give it away. You have to look at the numbers and it's not that bad. Paid $4000 for the vortech and sold it for $3000 - I'm out $1,000. Bought the turbo for exactly $5,000 so now I'm out $6,000. Sold the turbo kit for $4,000 so now I'm out $2,000 - bought the KB for $2500 so I'm out of pocket $4,500. I paid a good deal for the whipple so with all those power adders, I am out of pocket far less than you think minus what I'm going to get when I sell the KB HO kit. All in all when it's said and done I'll still have paid less than most guys did for 1 kit...

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mark - you should have been a horse trader!

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A Saleen will never be on my car...lol
Until someone discovers that it will produce 1000HP if you just stuff a gum wrapper in the right place in the intercooler - then you'd be blowing Jim Jr. to get one :roflmao:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Until someone discovers that it will produce 1000HP if you just stuff a gum wrapper in the right place in the intercooler - then you'd be blowing Jim Jr. to get one :roflmao:

LMAO...funny.

It would take more than a gum wrapper. It would take putting a saleen sticker on a psi...:idea:

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
that's a pretty damn big blower, lol! What kind of power do you make out of it? what kind of traction do you have? Bet it's fun :-D

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LMAO...funny.

It would take more than a gum wrapper. It would take putting a saleen sticker on a psi...:idea:
Hey not only does that raised "Supercharged" lettering on the top of the Saleen blower add 50HP, it leaves an impression on the hood liner too!

Never underestimate the power of a Wrigley wrappers:naughty:

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
All in all when it's said and done I'll still have paid less than most guys did for 1 kit...
are you including costs of installation, tuning, and other miscellaneous parts as well? Not knocking your decisions, I guess you've gone through everything and found out what *you* wanted. :) BTW, where did you get such low prices on your superchargers? Some of them look to be 1/2 of what I see everywhere else. (the KB and Whipple, mainly) I don't usually make habit of asking what price and where folks buy things, but since it's already been raised up, I'll ask :)

Last edited:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
are you including costs of installation, tuning, and other miscellaneous parts as well? Not knocking your decisions, I guess you've gone through everything and found out what *you* wanted. :) BTW, where did you get such low prices on your superchargers? Some of them look to be 1/2 of what I see everywhere else. (the KB and Whipple, mainly) I don't usually make habit of asking what price and where folks buy things, but since it's already been raised up, I'll ask :)

No problem. I got the Vortech for $4000 after agreeing to test pully sizes as mine was one of the first vortech's off the production line.

I got the Powerhouse Turbo Kit from Mike Bowman for $5000 because it was a tuner kit. I got the KB 2.6 HO from KB for $2500 purely because of my and Adam's relationship with Jim Bell. It was also the second 2.6 HO kit made (adam's was first) and KB wanted numbers and tests done with it.

I got the Whipple 3.4 HO for a good deal solely because whipple knew I was getting a 2.8 HO KB kit for nothing and needed to make it 'worth my while' price wise to want to go with the whipple. This was 100% because of Adam's relationship with Whipple.

Adam has always given me incredible deals and works with me at cost for a lot of stuff and charges me squat for labor. We have an arrangement that benefits both of us.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back