Project Kama Kaase (Ka-zee)

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You may not have to, it really depends on the wheels width and backspacing. IF you already got them, put one on and test fit it.

GI Joe

Reaction score
I had the same issue but its really not hacking.,,,Its a seam that is about 1" high and if you tap it lightly with a rubber mallet or Ball/Peen it "rolls" right at the botttom of the 1" and makes an "L" shape so instaed of looking this"/" it ends up looking like this "L". Not a big deal at all. It rolls on a natural line an looks great. Get a can spray body underliner/undercoating by permatex and spray the crease line and you will never know you were there...

Robertt305

forum member
Reaction score
I had the same issue but its really not hacking.,,,Its a seam that is about 1" high and if you tap it lightly with a rubber mallet or Ball/Peen it "rolls" right at the botttom of the 1" and makes an "L" shape so instaed of looking this"/" it ends up looking like this "L". Not a big deal at all. It rolls on a natural line an looks great. Get a can spray body underliner/undercoating by permatex and spray the crease line and you will never know you were there...

Can you pm or email me pics of this? [email protected]

What tire and suspension setup are you running?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here is some new results for this set up---already posted elsewhere but putting it here also for future searches:

New best of 9.417 @ 142.96 mph, all motor, at 3420 lbs. Did this at Famoso, 10/29/11, car # 7670.

Timeslip102911.jpg

FamosoTrackPicture9.jpg

FamosoTrackPicture.jpg

FamosoTrackPIc5.jpg

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Getting it done.

What position are you running the lower control arms in?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't want to do it, but because I am running the full PSCA schedule this year, and half of those races are being held at a track with noise requirements, I got some Vibrant stainless steel bullet mufflers. They are 4 inch inlet/outlet, and 9 inches long, very light and nothing to them, but I will be legal.

VibrantRaceMuffler.jpg

I also put in some remote battery terminals so I don't have to open the decklid if I want to just charge the battery. I relocated the master disconnect. I am not sure what to do with the crappy on/off stickers, but I have to have them to be legal.

RemoteBatteryTerminals.jpg

GI Joe

Reaction score
haha that tag is cool...

Do those muffs actually muffle or are they the ones that "keep you legal"

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
DAaaaaaaamn. Never saw this thread. Shame on me. See you every where on the net but nothing in the detail of the build. That shit is top notch !! Hopefully see it in person if I ever have time to get my turd running again.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to confirm the A/F and mess with the timing a bit. I ended up going from 94 square to 98 square on the jetting and dropping the timing to 30 degrees total. Good thing I did to before going with nitrous, as the car was running 14:1 A/F with the Q16. Now it runs 12.5, much safer and even gained some power up top.

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
Paul, I'm sure you know this, but don't rely on the AFR readings too much. It's possible to have spot on or even conservative AFRs, but still be running lean on certain cylinders. The wideband sensor is really only giving you an average for the entire cylinder bank. This shouldn't be much of an issue for you with a carb as opposed to EFI, but it's still something to be aware of. Plug reading is a much safer bet, and even better would be individual EGT probes for each cylinder. Myself and others have learned this lesson the hard way.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes---the engine dyno had EGT sensors on each cylinder---but I guess when the engine is actually in the car going down the track the car was lean. Here are some pictures of the spark plugs before the tuning, really no color at all and some signs of detonation. Now with the 98s the plugs are beginning to show color.

Here are the plugs when I had 94 square:

SparkPlugs4.jpg

SparkPlugs3.jpg

SparkPlugs2.jpg

Sparkplugs1.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back