Sway Bar Relocation Install and New Dash

bigpappy33

11.17@126
Reaction score
Today I decided to do my swaybar relocation to fit my 15x10 Racestar wheels I do not yet have (supposed to be shipping next week).

It was a pretty straight forward install, I was a little worried about the BMR LCA relocation brackets and my thicker Steeda rear sway bar, but they fit together fine. Grinding was easy with a cutting wheel, just alot of sparks which was annoying.

Here are some pics after I finished. I had to notch the Koni shocks to get it to line up after the brackets were installed, my only gripe with the kit. I sprayed some rustoleum over the bare metal too so it doesn't rust, especially on the shock. Too bad I didn't get yellow paint :X lol.

62b43982-ba7a-80b6.jpg

62b43982-ba97-b260.jpg

62b43982-baad-b1f6.jpg

Also installed a GT500 dash to replace my silver IUP dash and finish up the interior for now.

62b43982-baf2-e415.jpg

62b43982-bb07-94a4.jpg

Sorry for the shitty cell pics! I'll take better ones eventually.

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it have been better to put the bolt head under the shock eyelet? You could have even ground down the head a touch if you had to.

bigpappy33

11.17@126
Reaction score
Wouldn't it have been better to put the bolt head under the shock eyelet? You could have even ground down the head a touch if you had to.

It would have been, but the bolt head was about the same size. That was the nut that you see in the pictures on the shock side... so there would have been something in the way regardless. In hindsight I should have tried it, but I was having too much fun with the grinder.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back