Track day results with the 5.0 TT setup

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Going to be a long read, you have been warned, LOL!

Purchased a 2013 automatic in Feb and decided to be the test bed for the S&H TT kit; the kit is an On3 kit with two 6265 Comp oil less billet ceramic ball bearing turbo's. The install was a night mare but was covered in another thread.

Mods:

6265 turbo's
On3 piping/A2A IC
S&H BOV/WG with 8lb spring
3" off road X pipe
Lethal OTA pipes
Borla Touring mufflers
Bosch 1000 cc injectors
Breathers
Battery relo to the trunk
SRT orange struts/shocks/GT 500 strut mounts
CJ front springs
DSS d/s
Circle D 2C converter
BMR K member
BMR rad support delete
BMR rear springs
BMR relo brackets
Freedom racing LCA's
Whiteline RSB
Whiteline UCA/mount
Freedom racing APHB
Freedom racing PHB brace
Line Lock
Mickey Thompson Pro ET streets on 15x10 Racestars
15x4 skinny fronts on Racestars
Hawk pads
SS brake lines

First run I tried to turn off the TC/SC with holding the button down while holding the brake pedal down, tried a burn out and advancetrac started flashing/doing the shake...so I just went up to the line, brake boosted to 2k and went, 11.1@ 128 with a 1.8 60ft, thought 10's would be a breeze once I did a good burnout and got the 60's down..well....I was wrong.

I tried numerous combinations of brake boosting, flashing the converter from idle, adding timing down low and could not get anything better than a 1.8; best time of the day was 11.1, best mph was 130....weather was 68, sunny and good track prep.

On avg I was hitting the 1/8 in 7.4 at 100 and picking up 28-30 on the big end; car weighed 3450 without me in it, 3700 with me in it, interior was gutted for the track day.

Looking into the MSD 2 step to make boost at the line, my numbers will never get better if I can't come off the line any better.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks, contacting him now!

That's how you have yours setup, right?

stretch

forum member
Reaction score
nope. I have mine on a hand held push button. don't wanna drill on any of my interior.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have my line lock on a switch in between the vents where the 12V cover used to go so I can just have that sitting in the console vice mounting it.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well.....after seeing what the Paxton guys run I disagree....they can 60 ft and I can't.

However...there is something to be said for driving the car 3 hours to the track, avg 30+, beating the hell out of the car, driving it back 3 hrs and getting 30+ on the way back.

I have not tangled with anyone on the street, I would like to believe that from a roll I can handle my own since the car is moving/rpm's are already up there.

stretch

forum member
Reaction score
but is only your 1st time out. I have picked up a full second and 16 mph since my 1st time out.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
True but you made some pretty big changes with your car IIRC and I have done everything I can do to the car vice a forged bottom end and upping the boost.

Maybe 130 mph is not bad for 3700lbs and 8 lbs of boost?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Serious question, are you gonna turn up the boost?? 650-700hp??

Eitherway, your times will get better, I have no doubt.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Greg, seat time makes a world of difference. My first time out with my car I thought I was a pretty good driver although I had never raced at a drag strip before. After 2.5 years and a few hundred passes I've come to realize that I'm an average driver at best, even though I'm worlds better than when I started.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Serious question, are you gonna turn up the boost?? 650-700hp??

Eitherway, your times will get better, I have no doubt.

Not planning on it unless I hurt this motor and have to replace/upgrade.

I can't see any other parts other than the 2 step helping and seat time is not going to get the 60's down; I was told my many turbo guys a good time is all in the 60 ft and if a turbo car is not making boost at the line it will never get a good 60 time.

Mike Rousch

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Dont worry Greg, first time out with a car you always see things that need to be fixed/improved. I think with some work on the tune, a two step, and finding the sweet spot on were it likes to leave mid to low 10's are not going to be a problem at all!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im just gonna leave this here......:stir:

Gee....thanks....NOT.....should I just change my screen name to Vin Diesel as well?:yuck:

Dont worry Greg, first time out with a car you always see things that need to be fixed/improved. I think with some work on the tune, a two step, and finding the sweet spot on were it likes to leave mid to low 10's are not going to be a problem at all!

I agree Mike but not sure how we are going to get boost on the line, I am looking into a MSD 2 step that automatic guys have figured out how/where to wire it in and they say the tune does not need to be adjusted....but that is out of my swim lane and into yours, LOL!

Turbos love nitrous. Even a 25-35 shot would spool up instantly

Or CO2...hmmmm......

Last edited by a moderator:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Greg, maybe I missed it but do you have race tires for the track or are you attempting to race on street tires?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back