2014 Solo Rulebook draft - Classic American Muscle

Jucostud

booooost'd
Reaction score
Anybody have more info on this class yet? Is it for sure, and is my 14 eligible? I'm hoping to run in the dfw scca stuff this year.

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
Anybody have more info on this class yet? Is it for sure, and is my 14 eligible? I'm hoping to run in the dfw scca stuff this year.

You'll have to take that up with the DFW SCCA. It's a provisional class that is in the rule books but is entirely up to each local region if they wish to run it.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score

If you haven't already gone nuts with your 14, run F Street-Novice if you're still on the street tires.

I talked with some guys at the club trial and it looks like CAM will be offered by TX region. WIN.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
And on how they wish to administer it. The rules give a lot of flexibility as far as setting up classes is concerned. They could, for example, set up two classes with the break point at 1978/1979 (Fox-body), 1981/1982 (GM 3rd gen F-body), or anywhere else or even any combination.

Classing Options, based on local demand:
• A single CAM class for vehicles meeting the above requirements.
• Two classes (CAM-A and CAM-B) split on a model year (e.g., pre-
1973 and 1973-on or pre-1983 and 1983-on).
• Two classes based on body style; muscle car and/or hot rod (alternate
minimum weights may be considered).
• Other methods of subdividing based on local CAM enthusiast requests
So it only makes sense if you want to run in this category to let DFW-SCCA hear from you that you want the class structure to let your '14 Mustang fit into it somehow.

Norm

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back