4th of July Parade

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
This year we entered the 4th of July parade in a small town near us. I knew it was a small town, but their parade proved it beyond any doubt. To enter the parade, there is no registration just show up. We got there an hour early so, we were number four in the lineup. of probably 30 different cars and trucks. After waiting about an hour, the parade started. I had no idea how long the parade route was or how long it would take. three blocks and 7 minutes later we reached the end of the parade. I think the town is around 500 people (not sure) but I'd guess there was several thousand people along the route. The car behind me I was told was a Ford Cobra, I've never seen it here before so guessing he came over from Montana. The most hazardous thing about the parade was all the little kids running out into the street to get candy tossed by other participates. We were only doing about 5MPH and I still had to come to a hard stop a couple of times. It's an all-day event for the town. For us we came home to a barbecue and this view. Believe me we know how lucky we are to retire to this lifestyle.

On the back head rest we taped a mechanical dog that barks and turns it head, additionally, my car has a horse whinny whistle. I think the kids were more impressed with the dog.

CF parade 2024- CC-m.jpg

7-4-2024.jpg

Last edited:

JimC

Reaction score
We were asked to drive our 2024 in the local parade with the Kiwanis Club to support their summer weekly car show. It was an interesting experience. My wife said that it looked like you were either in the parade or watching it with all the people.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Our hometown's ~450 strong, but still hold their annual 4th of July celebration w/ parade, park picnic, entertainment, events & fireworks. It's a fundraiser for their Volunteer FD & always brings many to celebrate w/ the locals. Great times & glad to see other small towns have this tradition. :D

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back