6R80 in my 05

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
600 for a controller would be at least somewhat reasonable.
Having a 6R auto as an option over a 4r70 would be very nice!

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
I agree I would have no problem paying 600$ but not 1300$. I say a company will buy the controller and will copy it and will make it cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dont forget the price of a converter when figuring out the swap cost. 1200 easy for a 6r80 stall.

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
I have the trans and most of the hard parts. I need the controller, harness and driveshaft. USshift is saying June on their controller. They're supposed to contact me when it's ready. They haven't given a price yet, but I was quoted 1540 from PA for their controller and harness. I'm hoping USshift is more reasonable.
Thanks Mike

deebo05

forum member
Reaction score
damn 1540 for that thing , I'm going to have to agree with "finally got ya some cooter LITEBULB" on this one. that is just nuts.

Litebulb

forum member
Reaction score
damn 1540 for that thing , I'm going to have to agree with "finally got ya some cooter LITEBULB" on this one. that is just nuts.
This guy knows what he's talking about

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
I talked with USShift today and it looks like a fall release. However there is a possibility they may use me for some beta testing which would be neat. If that happens I'll give you guys a heads up on what to expect.

On another note I saw that PA said their controllers were ready but the article had 450 hp max listed. That's not gonna cut it for most people so hopefully that's worded wrong. USShift says there's won't be limited.

Still waiting ...

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
The 6r80 is a great transmission for cars in the 600-700 range but above that and it's best to start looking for other options.

Theres a reason that a lot of the "fast" guys go either glide or 400

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 6r80 is a great transmission for cars in the 600-700 range but above that and it's best to start looking for other options.

Theres a reason that a lot of the "fast" guys go either glide or 400

It depends on what you are doing with the car. Guys want a more street friendly setup are making the 6R80 work with the big power.

JST4FN

forum member
Reaction score
It depends on what you are doing with the car. Guys want a more street friendly setup are making the 6R80 work with the big power.

Yep. That's why I'm wanting to swap. My 4R is great for power, but there are several trade offs to make it live. The 6R80 has been 8's bone stock and has been behind several vehicles with over 1000 rwhp. If it was track only I'd probably stick with the 4R, but my car see's mostly street use.
Thanks Mike

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I talked with USShift today and it looks like a fall release. However there is a possibility they may use me for some beta testing which would be neat. If that happens I'll give you guys a heads up on what to expect.

On another note I saw that PA said their controllers were ready but the article had 450 hp max listed. That's not gonna cut it for most people so hopefully that's worded wrong. USShift says there's won't be limited.

Still waiting ...

I sure hope this happens before my 3650 explodes. I've been making it last keeping it off the track and not doing any high rpm clutch dumps. Would love to go to a reliable auto like the 6R80 instead of going with the Magnum XL 6 speed manual.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score

Still waiting ...

From what was posted on the PA controller, they were having problems getting the line pressure up so it looks like their way around that is to limit the tranny to 450hp.

I'll be waiting to see if anybody can get around that.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
From Baumann.

Picture1_zpsn31ljzcp.png

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
If they can't get the line pressure to hold then there no reason to think as bout it yet. A 5r will live at 450 rw.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If they can't get the line pressure to hold then there no reason to think as bout it yet. A 5r will live at 450 rw.

Someone had posted that Baumann said theirs would not be HP limited. Fucking fiddly bits development time!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I'm going to start hunting two good used 6r80s for the kid and I for future use. By this time next year he will be having issues with his 5r and will need to upgrade. I can't buy anymore 5r snake oil, been there done that.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm going to start hunting two good used 6r80s for the kid and I for future use. By this time next year he will be having issues with his 5r and will need to upgrade. I can't buy anymore 5r snake oil, been there done that.

I just popped off an email to Karl at Baumann. See what he says.

I don't want to give up my tr-6060 for a 4 speed auto.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I just popped off an email to Karl at Baumann. See what he says.

I don't want to give up my tr-6060 for a 4 speed auto.

I love my 4r at the track, but it is a non lock up with fixed line pressure. The fixed line pressure is what I don't like on the street. Under normal driving conditions it thumps the drivetrain when shifting. At the track it has been flawless. Shifts on the money everytime.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back