F*cking UPS

whitepunisher

forum member
Reaction score
So I had ordered a set of sve drifts 18 staggered wheels and tires and spline lug nuts. I was very impressed with late model restoration and how quickly they got it shipped (ordered Sunday night shipped Monday, supposed to deliver Wednesday). So I got a txt from my wife saying what the fuck did you order now... SOOO I got excited cause I knew they had come in lol. So I get home and I have 3 boxes (2 big and 1 small). Mother fucker... So I go back to check the tracking. UPS some how got two of my wheels a day behind in shipping.... So I got teased with 2 wheels tonight!!!! Then I had some rotors shipped from a member on here and was supposed to be here today. And somehow they had a late truck so that's a day behind. Wtf. But anyway.

Here is the left side lol. 10in on top 9in on bottom
C41BFC24-46B0-4F7E-BFDF-51F7B855376B-16031-000005987CEEEE67.jpg

Here is the the 10in compared to the stock wheel. :)
27996EE4-AEBC-4B13-A165-1EAC41C6755C-16031-000005986C306B71.jpg

Just can't wait to get the other two!!! Lol

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
If you put one side on and leave the other side stock, will your car do donuts on its own? Lol

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
Ups sucks they delivered the part i ordered from late model(fast service btw) to an address in a diff town. Wheels are gonna look sweet on your stang.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I hate to hear that UPS has dropped the ball with two customers in the same thread.

On the other hand, I'm glad to hear the praises of the fast service. If y'all ever need help with anything you buy from us, just let me know. Ill do whatever I can to make sure you guys get taken care of!

Can't wait to see what the wheels look like on the car. :beer:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
For me it is just the opisite. Fedex sucks here and my UPS guy ALWAYS comes though, even a 7:00 at night. None of those damn dilivery exceptions like Fedex. Good luck, I know it really depends on your area.

And yes Jerrod and LMR will always come though on there end that is for sure.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
You ain't got nothing on mine. I bought a drive shaft from a guy here on the forum. He shipped it. I've got tracking and everything and they lost it. How do you lose a drive shaft? Seller refunded my money, but man I was pissed.

bullitt6019

Boss Jockey
Reaction score
I hate to hear that UPS has dropped the ball with two customers in the same thread.

On the other hand, I'm glad to hear the praises of the fast service. If y'all ever need help with anything you buy from us, just let me know. Ill do whatever I can to make sure you guys get taken care of!

Can't wait to see what the wheels look like on the car. :beer:

Jarrod, you guys do an excellent job and we appreciate your support.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
UPS sucks giant asshole. I fucking hate them. Their website quotes are never accurate, their prices change wildly, and they can't do anything cheaper than ground. I use USPS almost exclusively with no problems.

I went to ship a set of mufflers. Website said it would be $30, sweet, I priced them appropriately according my quote. They ended up selling so I trotted my ass down to the UPS store to ship them. Cost me $80 to ship the mufflers because of the "box dimensions" (which I entered on the site).

I got a set of OTA pipes shipped to me from Wisconsin, about 700 miles. Cost $52. Now that I'm trying to ship a set that now has a whopping 8 lbs extra weight, the cost has gone up to $105, also going about 700 miles.

USPS site is always accurate with quotes, my shit always gets there on time, and they have different tiers of speed/price. Love the post office.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
I went to ship a set of mufflers. Website said it would be $30, sweet, I priced them appropriately according my quote. They ended up selling so I trotted my ass down to the UPS store to ship them. Cost me $80 to ship the mufflers because of the "box dimensions" (which I entered on the site).

That right there is where you fucked up.
UPS Stores are independently owned and are nothing more than a central pickup location...and a middle-man.
Had you taken it straight to UPS, the fee would've been closer to your quote.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
My favorite is by far Fedex. They usually deliver earlier than expected, always before 12, have never damaged anything..

UPS at my house doesn't deliver till like 5pm

USPS is alright. Tracking sucks

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Bring back the Pony Express!

Yeah, UPS sucks big balls. Paid for 2nd day air and it took them 4 days to get it there.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
That sucks OP, but new rims look schweet!

Bring back the Pony Express!

Yeah, UPS sucks big balls. Paid for 2nd day air and it took them 4 days to get it there.

I was the victim :roflmao:

Two weeks ago my brother ordered an intake for his Tahoe from UPS and they had the wrong address, my brother called and try to correct it and then it never showed up - my brother then calls and they had a completely different address with my brother's name attached. Once all was fixed and my brother got the package, he opened it to install and the fucking intake was cracked.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Dang! I've had OK luck with UPS in the past (knock on wood), but you guys are making me have serious reservations now. I have used the USPS with good results for small stuff, but to track a package, you have to go to the post office :wtf: . So since buyers of big stuff (mufflers, cams, etc) usually want a tracking number to use online, I go with UPS.

May have to rethink my shipping decisions in the future...

OP, congrats on the new tires. I lol'ed at your wife texts! Sounds familiar...

claudermilk

Reaction score
Yeah, overall UPS is pretty good for me. I used to be in shipping/receiving and saw it all. UPS was always one of the better one. RPS (now FedEx Ground) were the ones that really sucked. There is a reason I called them Really Poor Service.

Waiting sucks, but as long as the parts aren't damaged...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back