Roush Charger going in this weekend !!!

JerryC

Reaction score
What depinning tool are you using of what tool are you going to use and lastly where can I get one.

I had mine installed so I didnt do it, but I've read most of the install thread and it seems most people use a precision (tiny) screwdriver. At least one person broke a pin in the process.

When I worked in the field (computers) we had a little de-pinning/pinning tool that was red and white but I don't know if that would work.

Here's a site that has more than I have wanted to know about pinning, it might worth a look: http://www.pinrepair.com/connect/

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
Install went good. Car is idling and running strong. One glitch is the tune turned advanced track and track control off and the car seems to have lost the power steering. It won't let me choose any of the power steering settings and is hard to drive and turn. I'll get with brenspeed first thing Monday on this. Anyone had any similar issues?

JerryC

Reaction score
Install went good. Car is idling and running strong. One glitch is the tune turned advanced track and track control off and the car seems to have lost the power steering. It won't let me choose any of the power steering settings and is hard to drive and turn. I'll get with brenspeed first thing Monday on this. Anyone had any similar issues?

Something buried in my memory says that is a blown fuse, can't exactly remember why, so i could be and likely am wrong about that. But it wont take long to check that.

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
Do u know which fuse that is. I looked in manual and couldn't find.

JerryC

Reaction score
I tried search to find where I saw this and this is what I found on svtperformace;
"Not sure what is causing the initial issues. What I do know for certain is that in pulling your plugs to examine them and not disconnecting the battery terminals, that when you arced across to the positive terminal you (1) popped your power steering fuse located at the positive terminal. (2) possibly fried something in the ECU. I have seen that happen before and have seen a Ford tech chase his tail for a week before he finally figured it out."

I seem to remember another thread where there was something about a 100amp fuse that blows when you short the battery + post and it does something like you describe. That fuse is the big piece bolted next to + battery terminal with two more + leads coming off of it.

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats man, you're going to love it when you get all the kinks worked out. I think it's great you did the install yourself - I wasn't that confident and had a shop install the kit and dyno tune.

If you haven't already, you will probably need a better clutch. I could definitely feel the power loss at high speeds.

A country worth living in is a country worth fighting for.

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
Exactly, checked the 100amp fuse and it was blown. To bad it's a ford part and can't get one till tomm. Thanks a ton for the info

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, thank you very much, was exactly my problem, and now its all better...

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
Man my car is super loud when i hammer it, i wonder if i should put the cats back on with the rest of my borla Stype cat back setup or just keep the letheal pipe on and get some quiter mufflers.......

JerryC

Reaction score
Man my car is super loud when i hammer it, i wonder if i should put the cats back on with the rest of my borla Stype cat back setup or just keep the letheal pipe on and get some quiter mufflers.......

I took my Roush AB's off for the same reason, blower made them so much louder it was insane. That was with cats!

I put stockers back on for a while and then FRPP Touring. Both of those are too quiet, the FRPP sounds good just driving around but arent loud enough at full throttle but they are 50 state legal.

JerryC

Reaction score
The FRRP Touring have an old school rumble, they are very different from the Roush I had. They don't rasp or pop. They seem like they will be loud when you hear them at idle and part throttle but they never do get loud and the blower sucking air overwhelms the mufflers. In a way they are nice because you get the musclecar feel driving around, and if you make a pull you dont feel like every cop for three counties is heading your way.

The Roush sounded like they were loud enough to break windows in the houses on both sides of the street at full throttle. :) It was a shock when I picked the car up after the blower install, I hit the gas and "Holy Crap! what was that?" it seemed like it was 4x as loud as before the blower.

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
I hear ya, now i have the blower with a OR Xpipe and borla stype mufflers. im either gonna change the mufflers or put the cats back on..

kystang615

forum member
Reaction score
Now i just need to get my boost gauge hooked up.. Just to make sure, that bolt I remove is from the intake correct? Can i get that new adapter at just any ol parts store?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back