Sunvisor - driver side

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
I had such good luck with help on the floor mats I thought I'd seek suggests on my sun visor. My 2012 GT convertible drivers' side has two issues. 1) the clip that the visor rest in is apparently tight thus has slowly worn through the material on the right side of the visor from trying to get the visor out. 2) the three button garage door opener keeps falling out.

A simple solution is buying a new or used one. I've been looking and they are running from $125.00 to $170.00. Second thought, (if it works) put a back Mustang Covin mask with emblem over the worn spot.

2) The garage door opener... keeps falling out of the visor and I'm certain one of these times it's going flying when the top is down. I did put some electrical tape in trying to tighten the devise. That was a failure.

sunvisor- worn.jpg

Sunvisor-openner.jpg

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
You wouldn't think it would be that hard to find a replacement sun visor. FordPartsGiant appeared it might have one that would fit but they won't talk to you on the phone. And, refer you to a web site. I think that was four days ago and today I got an email that they are working on it. Not to impressed. Tried the Ford Dealers, parts but they're systems were down due to being hacked.

JimC

Reaction score
That's probably why you aren't getting anything on the website too. That hack affected a lot of dealership and parts supply systems.

When I had to replace the visor on my 2017 I bought one off eBay

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, JimC. I've been hesitant to buy off of ebay, I'm well over 85 yrs old and don't do all the social media computer stuff. I still use a credit card and checkbook. Since I don't have any kind of computer money account not sure any ebay venders would want to deal with me.

I did have a glimmer of hope though, this morning found a message on my Iphone from one of the parts employees at the local Ford Dealer I had contacted. He asks that I contact him as he may have a non-Ford source, he can get assistance from. So, I'll get a hold of him Monday.

Reaction score
Thanks, JimC. I've been hesitant to buy off of ebay, I'm well over 85 yrs old and don't do all the social media computer stuff. I still use a credit card and checkbook. Since I don't have any kind of computer money account not sure any ebay venders would want to deal with me.

I did have a glimmer of hope though, this morning found a message on my Iphone from one of the parts employees at the local Ford Dealer I had contacted. He asks that I contact him as he may have a non-Ford source, he can get assistance from. So, I'll get a hold of him Monday.
You can easily glue the garage door opener in with some contact cement and get some clear fabric mender glue for the rough spot. It will stop the fraying and make it less noticable. IMO it is not worth $100+ for a visor. Also get some covering for those ugly warning labels...

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. I agree, what I've seen online visors are running $125. to 170. Never heard of the clear fabric mender. At Auto parts stores, sewing material stores?

Your suggestion probably the best way to go.

Reaction score

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Love this site and the help your able to get.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back