Edelbrock E-Force Results........

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad you Posted again.

Sorry I did not get back sooner, that work thing gets in the way! I have driven my car about 400 miles with the edelbrock, and I still love it. R&A Motorsports is going to put the edelbrock cold air kit on tomorrow, and the car will be dynoed again. I will let everyone know what happens soon. By the way I have been running the edelbrock tune with no issues. Edelbrock is sending a new tune fro the cold air kit.
By the cold air kit .........

I think you are referring to the Edelbrock CAI, Right ???

I will be interested in reading the H/P & Torque numbers plus your comments .......

Also if you can tell any difference in the Seat of the Pants difference once
they do the CAI from Edelbrock.......

If you can do Pics it would be Super to see the Dyno Chart after the Pull !!!!!!!

Thanks for dropping by and Posting !!!!!

It is certainly "Appreciated" I Promise you that ...........

Terry

N

navbtcret

Ron,

So you are running the BRENSPEED "NSR Comp Blower Cams" I take it.

I have the "Dynotech" Aluminum Driveshaft and BRENSPEED 93 Performance Tune from Brent White. That is also where the Steeda Delete Plates and Steeda underdrive pulleys came from. I have the FRPP 4:10 Gears.

You have a very interesting Mustang.

Something to be Proud of for Sure .........

I appreciate your Post here with the info. you have shared.

Terry

Terry,
My cams are a twin screw grind that Brenspeed developed with comp cams specifically for twin screw blowers.

http://www.brenspeed.com/127bren2.html

I bought them before I knew I swapping from the Whipple HO kit to the Edelbrock, but since I already had the cams I might as well install them with this blower and see how they do. I have no before and after comparisson though, they were installed with the forged motor and Edelbrock at the same time.

Vic2009

Reaction score
Not what I wanted to hear.

I wanted to hear a mistake somwhere was found and that everything was OK. Now buying the E-Force is back to a roll of the dice.

I'm new to this forum but I have been reading all the information with great interest. I was thinking of installing the E-Force on my "09 GT. It seems that several people have had great results and no problems. Pretty much a plug and play system. There is just one that "didn't seem" to work. Other than swapping out the sc parts, it would be nice to know if any even small part or adjustment was done. Sometimes these minor changes can be forgotten.
Sometimes you say to yourself; where was my brain when I did that or how did I forget that, but it does happen now and then. So an upate as to what "may have" gone wrong would be appreciated. Even if it was an all-shit by the installer, we are always learning and hopefully get better from our experiences.
Thanks,
Vic

tillman speed

Reaction score
We will keep everyone in the loop. I can already tell you what happened though. We replaced the plugs twice, to be sure and both sets had cracks in the porcelain. We have a super deal on an Edelbrock kit, installed for anyone that's looking... this way we can throw it on, make the numbers now that we know what happened, and call it a day!

Chris

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
We will keep everyone in the loop. I can already tell you what happened though. We replaced the plugs twice, to be sure and both sets had cracks in the porcelain. We have a super deal on an Edelbrock kit, installed for anyone that's looking... this way we can throw it on, make the numbers now that we know what happened, and call it a day!

Chris

Is this the answer to all the strangeness that went on - bad spark plugs?

MustangBaxter

Reaction score
Mine works just fine, it always did.... too bad I was told from someone else that it did not, but then again, it was a blessing, since I drove my car down to Edelbrock, and they did the test's, dyno, and all was A O.K. If I had now listen to a certain person, then I would have never had the chance to Meet all the Great people at Edelbrock, including Matt, Rob, and of course Vic Edelbrock:hi:.

Tim

MustangBaxter

Reaction score
you tube video???

This was done at Edelbrock, this is my first video, it doesent get good till about the 20 second mark or so, then it goes up till it hits the favtory rev limiter at 6,200 PRM I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt4g8Pk8FTk

Also heres the dyno graph... theres 2 different runs done about 15 minutes apart from each other. Done on a balmey friday afternoon in Hot and humid So. Ca.

Attachments

• show hood (Large).jpg
    show hood (Large).jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 49
  • img248.jpg
    img248.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 63
  • img249.jpg
    img249.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 60

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry,
My cams are a twin screw grind that Brenspeed developed with comp cams specifically for twin screw blowers.

http://www.brenspeed.com/127bren2.html

I bought them before I knew I swapping from the Whipple HO kit to the Edelbrock, but since I already had the cams I might as well install them with this blower and see how they do. I have no before and after comparisson though, they were installed with the forged motor and Edelbrock at the same time.
Thanks for the reply and I am aware of the Blower Cams from BRENSPEED.

I think I am going with the BRENSPEED Saleen Stage 3 that is the 500 HP.

And the Blower Cams from them.

Terry

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
Am I the only one thoroughly unimpressed with superchargers than can make 600 horsepower? Any of the good ones can do it. And do it safely on a forged engine. When there's virtually no limit to boost, you can pretty much pick your hp number.

The place to be impressed is in all the supporting shit that goes on a car with that much power.

mustangdave

Reaction score
The most important question hasn't been asked yet: Have they obtained 50 state legal status yet? If not, it is worthless to me.

lobe50

Reaction score
Wow that was a lot of reading. Now subscribing to keep updated since I am researching blower options for a stock 07 GT W 4K miles on her.Also what are the prices on the E-Force kit and optional intake kit?Thanx

Last edited:

Ninjak

The Wolf hunts at night..
Reaction score
I do believe that the 5lb Ede kit is 50 state legal. Its on their page I do believe

moosestang

Reaction score
Pathetic is your middle name. Tell me when you are coming to Gainesville?

Wow.....that's just so.....so.....so......pathetic. Hush now, m'kay? The grown up people are talking.

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back