end MT-82 miss shifts

pony boy

Reaction score
Guys, I have this bracket and you can stop wasting your money on all other products. This trans bracket works with ALL shifters including OEM and MGW. Best dam product that does what its suppose to do and more.
http://bossmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=7918.125

If you have the MT-82 you must have this trans mount and END your miss shifts/lockout. It's also an NHRA approved safety loop.

Order today at:
https://www.blowfishracing.com/drivetrain/99-2011-2014-mustang-v6gtboss-shifter-support-bracket.html

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
please review our posting rules. posts like this are not tech here.

TIA

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He doesn't seem affiliated, I checked first before approving the post, nothing matches the vendor.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I was looking at making something like this for my '08. Good idea with the drive shaft loop, provided the NHRA guys figure it applies since it's not chassis mounted.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
once I see plenty of posituve feedback from various forum members. Ill order one

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
This is from Steve the person who built these. I have been watching the progress on BMO and so far all of the testers with all types of shifters have reported great feedback.

The day you have all been waiting for is here! Patent is filed. Final pricing is set. First article is being built now for test fitting and then the first 200 units will be ready around Labor Day.

The burning question...what is it and how does it work? Well, lets look at the OE confirguration.

stockerexample-1_zpsad7f5cec.jpg

REF-originalconfiguration_zpsc7628b71.jpg

As you can see, this is the stocker. Single arm that attaches the shifter to the transmission. Then, a rubber isolator mount that attaches the back of the shifter to the body. Ford did this for one reason only...comfort.

This is called a semi-remote mounted shifter. This is commonplace in the industry today. All 2005 and up Mustangs use it, Camaros use it, Challengers use it, BMWs use it, and even the GT500 and Boss factory race cars use it. They all suffer from some form of shifting issues, but nothing like the MT82. The reason the problem isn't as bad is the fact that they all use a twin beam arm to attach to the transmission.

Why does a twin beam work better? Well, under acceleration, the engines torque is attempting to be transmitted through the driveline and to the ground to propel the car. The act of trying to propel the car causes the drivetrain to rock in the opposite direction of the driveshaft rotation. We call this "torquing". When torquing occurs, the transmission moves, but since the shifter is half attached to the transmission and half to the body, it ends up twisting. Twin beams naturally resist more of the twist than a single beam can, but 400ftlbs of torque can still overcome this, so engineers put soft bushings between all of the connections to allow the twist to happen without breaking the shifter assembly.

We are all aware of the products out there to try to fix the shifting issues. They all involve stiffer bushings. Shifters use them at the body mount to resist flex, but its a placebo. The Whiteline insert has a better approach in it tries to reduce the transmission flexing. The CHE torque brace does the same thing. The MGW shifter uses heavy internal springs to try to compensate for the misalignment that occurs under torquing.

Drivers get very different results because they all shift differently. For some, a little bit of tightening is enough...most of the time. For others, the helper springs in the MGW fixes it. For others, like myself, nothing worked. I came from a T5 transmission in a 95 Mustang to this car. I mastered the art of powershifting on that car and tried to apply it to this one. The MT82 was having none of that. So, I had to slow things down. What I came to realize was the semi-remote shifter arrangement was to blame. All of my previous transmission experience was with a shifter firmly attached to the transmission case. So, I set out to find out if converting the semi-remote shifter to a hard mount shifter would fix the problems. Well, of course the answer was HELL YEAH!! I finally was able to love my car without any significant drawbacks. The shifter issues that made my driving experience less than enjoyable was ELIMINATED! Its so simple. Why didn't this solution come out sooner? Who knows, but I aimed to share my newfound Mustang enjoyment with the world!

So, here it is:
SSB-1_zpsecc2a6f8.jpg

Sturdy 1/4" thick steel ties the rear of the shifter to the transmission and as an added bonus, you get an NHRA legal driveshaft safety loop at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE! The billet aluminum adapter clamps to the shifter box "snout. You also get an adapter that will work with your MGW shifter:
SSB-MGW_zps62da2a50.jpg

As reported, it shouldn't take more than 1.5 hours to install with hand tools. For those of you who struggled a bit with the beta installations, I listened. The final design will make it much easier. Literally, the longest part of the install time is getting the car up so you can work underneath it.

So, I beat my vendors down as long as I could to get the pricing into everyman territory. I didn't quite get to where I wanted to be, but its close. Final retail price will be $299.99 plus shipping.

FOR ALL OF AUGUST, I WILL BE OFFERING PRE-ORDER PRICING OF $229.99 PLUS SHIPPING. BARRING ANY UNFORSEEN ISSUES IN THE SUPPLY CHAIN, ORDERS WILL START BEING FULFILLED BY LABOR DAY ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS. BETA TESTERS WILL OF COURSE BE AT THE FRONT OF THE LINE;)

ORDERS CAN BE PLACED DIRECTLY ON THE SITE HERE:
https://www.blowfishracing.com/drivetrain/99-2011-2014-mustang-v6gtboss-shifter-support-bracket.html

Tried to order one myself but the website is down... :wtf:

+1! What a d!ck tease.

I believe he is updating the international shipping for the piece. I know a couple guys in Switzerland and Chile were looking to buy them and having issues with the shipping options.

once I see plenty of posituve feedback from various forum members. Ill order one

Honestly, based on the beta testers who used these on the road course I think this would really work pretty well. Not to mention the rest of the positive feedback from all of the other testers on this.

DOFORLIFE

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like a solid piece. Bet it works well. I can't wait to see how it does.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Certainly an interesting concept. I'm torn because I still have the stock clutch, stock driveshaft, and stock shifter... If I upgrade to a magnum XL, I won't need any of those parts, or this particular bracket. It's quite the conundrum.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
Certainly an interesting concept. I'm torn because I still have the stock clutch, stock driveshaft, and stock shifter... If I upgrade to a magnum XL, I won't need any of those parts, or this particular bracket. It's quite the conundrum.

Sell it with the MT-82... Might make the sell more appealing...

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Too bad this bracket wasn't available when I owned my '11 GT MT82. I had the MGW Ltd shifter installed, which helped, but didn't cure by MT82's bad manners. I ended up "curing" my MT82 problems by trading in that car for a '14 GT with the 6R80.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Website is back up! Just ordered mine, per Steve... place the order with the "Check" option and he will send you an invoice you can pay via credit card or paypal. This is an interim fix so he could get the site back up and running.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back