end MT-82 miss shifts

302GT

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great but the only thing is, what about NVH? I can't wait to see some feedback about it.

Like WJBertrand said, it should reduce it given the design. Basically the shifter housing won't be connected to the body at all.

I'll be getting one of these after I get my rear suspension and drive shaft issues sorted. I really like that it uses a billet piece for the "snout" too.

Last edited:

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
One concern I have looking at the CAD/CAM models is whether the MGW rear bracket has the potential to contact the unused mounting studs when the power train torques around. I expect the whole shifter assembly to now move with the drive train as it's not anchored at the rear any more. I would be reluctant to cut the studs off in case I wanted to return it to a body mounted rear bracket at some point, such as if I sell my car someday.

Has anyone fitted one of these brackets to an MGW equipped MT82?

I've actually emailed Blowfish to see what data they have.

Last edited:

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
One concern I have looking at the CAD/CAM models is whether the MGW rear bracket has the potential to contact the unused mounting studs when the power train torques around. I expect the whole shifter assembly to now move with the drive train as it's not anchored at the rear any more. I would be reluctant to cut the studs off in case I wanted to return it to a body mounted rear bracket at some point, such as if I sell my car someday.

Has anyone fitted one of these brackets to an MGW equipped MT82?

There were 2 or 3 beta testers with MGW's and they really didn't have anything negative to say about it to be honest.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I got the impression from the Blowfish thread that the MGW + this shifter stabilizer is the best of both worlds when combined. Amiright??

T-Neck

Here for the Gangbang
Reaction score
So are they out of stock? just checked the site. Also would this be worth having with a stock shifter?

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
There were 2 or 3 beta testers with MGW's and they really didn't have anything negative to say about it to be honest.

Good to know, thanks. That solid model image above got me starting to worry a little.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
So are they out of stock? just checked the site. Also would this be worth having with a stock shifter?

He stated in the other thread that these will begin shipping next month. Ordering now will give you a preorder discount of about $80 (and most likely help the seller in covering production costs of the first run). I'm normally hesitant in sending off money to an unknown entity in exchange for a promise of something at some point in the future but this seller appears to have a very good reputation on the other forum and he appears to be genuine and well liked.

He also stated that he's attempted to sponsor several other Mustang forums but didn't get any replies to his inquiries. Perhaps if these brackets turn out well then maybe Kimmer might reconsider extending an invitation to Blowfish Racing to join s197forum.

T-Neck

Here for the Gangbang
Reaction score
He stated in the other thread that these will begin shipping next month. Ordering now will give you a preorder discount of about $80 (and most likely help the seller in covering production costs of the first run). I'm normally hesitant in sending off money to an unknown entity in exchange for a promise of something at some point in the future but this seller appears to have a very good reputation on the other forum and he appears to be genuine and well liked.

Roger, thanks. Guess I'll give it a shot while i'll be putting in a clutch and DS...

claudermilk

Reaction score
Read the linked thread. This part got nothing but glowing reviews throughout. MGW users were some of the beta testers and none had anything to say different from the stock/Barton/etc users.

It looks to me like the preorder discount is over (he did state it was for he first run of 200--must have sold all those already).

From reading the original thread on BMO this sounds like a great upgrade. I will almost certainly be getting one eventually along with an MGW.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
If he already sold 200 then that's $45K that he raised to cover initial production costs. Cool.

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
Just being skeptical but the way the bushing at the top goes in how is it any different than the Barton or any other shifter brackets? So the shifter is now connected and moving with the trans instead of being solid mounted to the chasis? Is the loop an approved ds loop for drag racing?

Ray721

Black 06 GT
Reaction score
Yes everything moves together, yes it's a legal loop. At least that's what I gathered from reading the article

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
Just being skeptical but the way the bushing at the top goes in how is it any different than the Barton or any other shifter brackets? So the shifter is now connected and moving with the trans instead of being solid mounted to the chasis? Is the loop an approved ds loop for drag racing?

come on Kevin! I'm disappointed man, part of the issue under heavy load (wot power shifts) the motor and trans is torqing while the shift box is solidly mounted to the chassis, this causes binding. when they move together, such as with this part, there is no binding

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
From the thread on the other forum linked in the first post, it appears they will begin shipping tomorrow. CJ Pony Parts should be getting 80 tomorrow as well.
If you're ordering now then you will be waiting for the next production run before getting your order filled. The first run was sold out weeks ago.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back