end MT-82 miss shifts

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sell it with the MT-82... Might make the sell more appealing...

I'm strongly leaning this way... Just need to find some good pricing on the Magnum XL so I can compare it to the price of a new clutch, new shifter, this bracket, and new driveshaft, all for the MT82.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm strongly leaning this way... Just need to find some good pricing on the Magnum XL so I can compare it to the price of a new clutch, new shifter, this bracket, and new driveshaft, all for the MT82.

IMO you can always recoup 60%-75% of your investment on premium aftermarket parts in the forum classifieds, as long as you stick with the best, most desirable items. I have already purchased the MGW shifter and DSS driveshaft and now this bracket. If I end up going with the T56 trans in the future then I can recoup all but about $300 on the items I've already purchased.

Clutches are a bit more difficult to sell used. About 50% of purchase price would be a reasonable goal.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
There is no reason why this WOULDN'T work. It virtually stabilizes the whole transmission now.

ORDER PLACED!!!!:thumb2::thumb2:

Last edited:

AndrewS197

forum member
Reaction score
Is everyone really having trouble shifting their mt82? I have zero issues with mine. Maybe I'm lucky? Lol

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Is everyone really having trouble shifting their mt82? I have zero issues with mine. Maybe I'm lucky? Lol

If I am Sunday driving it works just fine. If I am banging gears I will get locked out of 3rd gear 1/3 of the time... I have been contemplating a Magnum XL I hate this trans so much... If I can alleviate most of the issue with a $240 part, I am going to give it a shot. I already have the Whiteline trans bushing, Steeda shifter, and Steeda shifter bushing installed.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Like he stated in his post: I can't believe nobody did this before. It took a little while in looking at the SolidWorks renders to get what he is doing, and it's ingenious! All that bracketry for one simple, subtle change. Making it a driveshaft loop as well makes it a nice, elegant solution.

I have some side-work pay coming in that I plan to use for the MGW, but there will be some leftover & I think that might go towards this bracket. I'll be very interested to hear what early adopters here think (and I'll read through the BMO thread to catch up on the history).

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great but the only thing is, what about NVH? I can't wait to see some feedback about it.

All the beta users on BMO have been reporting the only NVR they are experiencing with it is the shifter has a very slight vibration(similar to the 03-04 cobras with the T56). No odd sounds, just a slight vibration feeling coming from only the shifter handle.

I will be installing a set of Prothane motor mounts at the same time when I put this bracket on.

-Nick

Last edited:

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
The engineer in me intuitively really likes this design.

I have an MGW shifter and though it is a great improvement, the shift from 1st to 2nd remains somewhat harsh. Not grinding but quite notchy, mostly when turning left interesting enough. I can't help thinking that the MGW bracket design restricts any twisting coming through the mounting bracket/rod when the engine/transmission assembly torques to one side under load (or cornering). That is, the side mount to the transmission is trying to twist the shifter to go with the powertrain while the rear bracket is resisting this twist, perhaps setting up some misalignment.

This misalignment is what stiffer transmission and engine mounts are trying to control - albeit with much more NVH conduction. I think one could avoid all those stiffer engine and transmission mounts using the blowfish bracket instead

The BF bracket actually more strongly ties the shifter to the transmission while isolating it from the body structure. This eliminates the conflict and allows the shifter to remain aligned when the transmission torques to one side or the other. It completely disengages the connection to the floor pan at the rear shifter bracket, approximating the behavior of a top-loaded shifter.

You may feel a little more vibration / movement in the shifter itself, being more directly connected to the transmission like that, but I would bet less NVH is actually transmitted into the vehicle's structure.

I've placed my order...

Last edited:

Mustang Mark

forum member
Reaction score
Huh it's about time somebody did this. I was planning on doing something similar when I pull the trans in my 05. It's a pretty easy concept, the problem is the shifter flexing vs the trans so durrrr why not just mount it to the trans...

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Cheaper than going Magnum XL and we still get to keep our man parts by having a sports car with a manual transmission like it's intended!! No way this can't work. It makes the trans a solid component now without the flex of the torque. I wish I would have developed this. I got in while it's at an introductory price cause this thing is gonna sell like hotcakes. If for nothing else I'd venture to say synchros and gears will last longer even with spirited driving much less hammering down the 1/4. I just hope Blowfish can keep up with the orders and not pull some bait and switch by jacking up the price because of the proposed popularity.

IM NOT SAYING THEY WILL SO DONT GET ALL BENT!!! I'm just hoping they don't like the rest if corporate 'Merika does when something is successful and in demand. But I do hope they do well with this.

Last edited:

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think it is going to eliminate absolutely lockout or miss shift but I think it will greatly reduce the likelihood of them happening. Either way it is cheaper than the MGW so fuck it why not.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back