My #8 goes bye bye and who know's why - OP runs and hides

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Lol, this is exactly why Lund doesn't do forums

Your math fails.

Just me and physics.

I don't think you do.

Look again. Sharpen your pencils and charge up your calculator batteries.
my math does not fail. You're the minority in this thread. you're the one who does not understand how to do a torque calculation. You're not showing the proper calculation at the given rpm. You are the one who is incorrect here.
. Are you really this naive to think a bolt on 5.0 is making that torque when no other 5.0 with those mods has been able to post a graph aimilarsimilar. That dyno is busted and we all proved it with math. You need to go back to high school physics and relearn how torque is calculated at a given rpm.

Btw. The formula you posted shows hp would equal 337 at 4175. You don't need glasses to ser that graph shows hp at about 305 at 4175. pay attention in physics next time. That car is not capable of making 425 peak torque.

Last edited:

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
my math does not fail. You're the minority in this thread. you're the one who does not understand how to do a torque calculation. You're not showing the proper calculation at the given rpm. You are the one who is incorrect here.
. Are you really this naive to think a bolt on 5.0 is making that torque when no other 5.0 with those mods has been able to post a graph aimilarsimilar. That dyno is busted and we all proved it with math. You need to go back to high school physics and relearn how torque is calculated at a given rpm.

Let me teach you. If I am in the minority it is because your stupid is rubbing off.

Max hp = 424 @ 6275 rpm

424 = (tq)6275/5252
424 = tq*1.1948
tq = 424/1.1948
tq ~ 355 @ 6275 rpm

Look at the graph at 6275 rpm. How much hp/tq is it making?

Max tq = 427 @ 4175

hp = 427(4175)/5252
hp = 1782725/5252
hp ~ 339 @ 4175 rpm

AGAIN, LOOK AT THE GRAPH, THIS TIME AT 4175 rpm. How much hp/tq is it making?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Let me teach you. If I am in the minority it is because your stupid is rubbing off.

Max hp = 424 @ 6275 rpm

424 = (tq)6275/5252
424 = tq*1.1948
tq = 424/1.1948
tq ~ 355 @ 6275 rpm

Look at the graph at 6275 rpm. How much hp/tq is it making?

Max tq = 427 @ 4175

hp = 427(4175)/5252
hp = 1782725/5252
hp ~ 339 @ 4175 rpm

AGAIN, LOOK AT THE GRAPH, THIS TIME AT 4175 rpm. How much hp/tq is it making?

I can see the graph plain as day, the car is not making 339hp at 4175. It's barely over 300. We estimated 305. If you disect the graph by his peak HP number, you can also do a reverse calculation and see that 424.5hp at 6275 rpm, does not derive 425 torque at 4175 rpm.

But since you're so convinced a bolt on 5.0 with a boss intake makes more torque than HP (which no other 5.0 does) heres some graphs of bolt on 5.0s with various tunes with the boss 302 intake.

click

BOSSINTAKEVSSTOCKWITHEARLYTUNE.jpg
attachment.php

Should I do another quick google search to prove you wrong again? Not to get juvenile with this discussion, but you are dead wrong with your calculation, and S197's dyno is also incorrect. He even admits it himself.

Last edited:

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
I can see the graph plain as day, the car is not making 339hp at 4175. It's barely over 300. We estimated 305.

Dynos don't estimate; they use mathematical formulas. Get some glasses...?

And I don't race dynos. They are what they are. I am saying that at any point in the graph, hp/tq are mathematically accurate, whether or not the car "makes" that much power.

Last edited:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Dynos don't estimate; they use mathematical formulas. Get some glasses...?

Dynos can also make mistakes, and in this case they have there is not a mathematic accuracy in any type of ratio, when questioning his peak torque number you cannot include it in any calculation, so you use the plotted HP number as a base reference point, basic rule in validation is the number you are looking into becomes the variable not the control. You are wrong in this case.

Why don't you go dyno your boss after you slap on your tune and intake. Then post up your results. You will not put up 425 torque. If the tach read is not on securely, the torque calculation can be far off in some cases. S197's dyno was incorrect, his motor is not producing those numbers no matter what type of corrections you apply. You can believe whatever you want to believe, but even the car's owner doesn't believe the torque numbers, so you can be the only one.

I am telling you, that graph is not mathematically accurate. It's a good thing you don't "race" on dynos, because you sure don't understand how they calculate and operate :D

Last edited:

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't have the boss intake.

JLT, O/R X, and tune.

Ghost cams could account for the additional torque! Hahahaha.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score

JLT, O/R X, and tune.

even still, the torque numbers are way out of line, but appearently pace doesnt think so.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
Dynos can also make mistakes, and in this case they have there is not a mathematic accuracy in any type of ratio, when questioning his peak torque number you cannot include it in any calculation, so you use the plotted HP number as a base reference point, basic rule in validation is the number you are looking into becomes the variable not the control. You are wrong in this case.

Why don't you go dyno your boss after you slap on your tune and intake. Then post up your results. You will not put up 425 torque. If the tach read is not on securely, the torque calculation can be far off in some cases. S197's dyno was incorrect, his motor is not producing those numbers no matter what type of corrections you apply. You can believe whatever you want to believe, but even the car's owner doesn't believe the torque numbers, so you can be the only one.

I am telling you, that graph is not mathematically accurate. It's a good thing you don't "race" on dynos, because you sure don't understand how they calculate and operate :D

The graph IS mathematically accurate, even if you don't agree with the power for the respective vehicle being tested.

Again (turn up your hearing aid after you put on your reading glasses), I'm not saying his car would make 4xx rwtq on another dyno, just that dyno graph is accurate in respect to the hp/tq curves.

I agree about not racing my car on a dyno. It's much faster at the track. Good luck with your quest for 11's. :highfive:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
The graph IS mathematically accurate, even if you don't agree with the power for the respective vehicle being tested.

Again (turn up your hearing aid after you put on your reading glasses), I'm not saying his car would make 4xx rwtq on another dyno, just that dyno graph is accurate in respect to the hp/tq curves.

I agree about not racing my car on a dyno. It's much faster at the track. Good luck with your quest for 11's. :highfive:

No, the curves arent even accurate. The 5.0 with bolt ons and a tune does not make near even hp and torque at their peak.

As far as my car and 11's? I'll get there this fall. But I may just skip it, and go right for the 10s *stares at bottle kits*

I need to learn to type as slow as your et's...:chairfall:

Good weather and a bottle, I'm right there with you. I figure I can wait for good air, I mean all of your posted slips are from December. 12.1 is very respectable for a bolt on 5.0 with a tune in 2700 DA.

Last edited:

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
No, the curves arent even accurate.

Yes, yes they are.

Forget that it is a Coyote with bolt-ons. Dynos LIE. Pretend it is an LS7 if it helps you sleep.

The hp/tq numbers at any given rpm are mathematically correct, respectively. Period.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, yes they are.

Forget that it is a Coyote with bolt-ons. Dynos LIE. Pretend it is an LS7 if it helps you sleep.

The hp/tq numbers at any given rpm are mathematically correct, respectively. Period.

No, they are not. That graph is not showing 339 hp at 4175 rpm. It's barely over the 300 mark. I gave it 305 just to be generous. If its making 305 @ 4175, it needs to follow this calculation to determine its peak torque rating (which in this case is at 4175)

2. We make our assumption our HP equals roughly 305 at 4175 rpm (according to the graph)

How much TORQUE is required to produce 305 HP at 4175 RPM?
TORQUE = (305*5252) / 4175
TORQUE @ 4175 = 383.67 lb/ft (S197's true peak number)

I don't know about you, but that graph is nowhere near 339hp at 4175 rpm.

Looking at my own dyno, and the other three I posted hell. None of the 5.0s are jumping over 300hp at 4100 rpm.

Last edited:

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
No, the curves arent even accurate. The 5.0 with bolt ons and a tune does not make near even hp and torque at their peak.

As far as my car and 11's? I'll get there this fall. But I may just skip it, and go right for the 10s *stares at bottle kits*

Good weather and a bottle, I'm right there with you. I figure I can wait for good air, I mean all of your posted slips are from December. 12.1 is very respectable for a bolt on 5.0 with a tune in 2700 DA.

My best ET's were in October in OK. DA was 21-2200 IIRC. I am adding nitrous over the summer. Pack a lunch :naughty1:

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
No, they are not. That graph is not showing 339 hp at 4175 rpm. It's barely over the 300 mark. I gave it 305 just to be generous. If its making 305 @ 4175, it needs to follow this calculation to determine its peak torque rating (which in this case is at 4175)

2. We make our assumption our HP equals roughly 305 at 4175 rpm (according to the graph)

How much TORQUE is required to produce 305 HP at 4175 RPM?
TORQUE = (305*5252) / 4175
TORQUE @ 4175 = 383.67 lb/ft (S197's true peak number)

Where do you come up with 305?!? Glasses man, GLASSES!!!

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score

JLT, O/R X, and tune.

Figures you would start another internet fight :stooges: I was headed towards the Kuro spot but your in the lead..haha

dynos dont lie..

IMG_0496.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back