Whippled 3V>Stock Coyote>tuned Coyote Piston blower

heh.gif

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kb>whipple>procharger

I knew that was coming.

No KB for me. Not even for a slamming deal! Gotta change it up.

I'm leaning in Whipple, they are about 2.5 hours from me, and I hate KB's customer service!

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Whipple or Procharger?!?

Procharger FTW. Go with the F1A. My buddys car (twinscrewgt on here) made 711rwh at 11lbs with his. 12 rib dedicated belt, giant intercooler, sexy presentation, and big numbers.

Obviously I'm a little biased. The reality is, any of the blowers will make the numbers.

35anngt

Yes, i deleted my previous posts on s197 because the problem was solved.

Last edited by a moderator:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
For those of you who are svtp members. Here is my post from svtp I said I would post here,

Fellas, this is my car you are discussing. My name on s197 is "35annGT", I would be more than happy if you would like to pm me to give you my cell number and I will tell you my situation. The forum boards are getting old. Yes, i deleted my previous posts on s197 because the problem was solved. I ran a sct "canned" tune for about...a day. Next day my BBr tune was loaded and ran that for a few months, no problems. About a month ago I ordered the lund 93 cam tune, I live about a mile from LRS, the owners car as well as avoid 4 others sitting in the lot are BBR tuned and have had no problems. As well as all the other BBR tuned cars they sell their tuner to. After about a month of my lund tune I had this Issue. Put two and two together Its not hard. And I will post this on s197 so you can see this is a legit post from me.

Wow! Interesting.
33.gif

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So 35annGT - what exactly was fixed?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Nothing, I am having to pay 3k for labor parts gaskets fluids etc

Are you upgrading anything? I can get you a smoking deal on Boss parts.

And, in a couple days I'll have a brand new Boss shortblock I'll be listing in the classifieds.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Most of the reputable tuners are recommending throwing in 2-3 gal (to 12-13 gal of 93 octane) of 100 unleaded octane before you go racing your aggressively tuned 93 octane car.

Seems like cheap insurance to me.

ubeenbit

forum member
Reaction score
Most of the reputable tuners are recommending throwing in 2-3 gal (to 12-13 gal of 93 octane) of 100 unleaded octane before you go racing your aggressively tuned 93 octane car.

Seems like cheap insurance to me.

Not trying tobe a smart ass, but if that is the case it is not a 93 tune

To me aggressive 93 tune is driver demand table tuned to be more on/off feeling and transfer to op table wot much quicker

Sent from my iPhone on an overpriced data plan

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score

Seems like cheap ADVICE to me.

FIXED!!!

Tune the car within it's limits and all is well. Tune for beyond it's limits and BOOM goes the piston.

Mach1Marauder

LARGE MEMBER
Reaction score
Hmmmm, now I've got extra leverage with the wife to get that Procharger or Whipple kit I was planning on getting next year.

She did just ask what I wanted for my birthday!

Me: Baby, I need to get a blower to keep my # 8 piston intact.

Her: What the hell is a # 8 piston?

Me: It's very expensive!

Her: Damnit Nick! It's always something. Well, if you get a blower the piston will be ok?

Me: Yup!

Her: sigh

Me: Thanks babe! I'll place the order, and we'll know the 5.0 is safe.

Well Nick..........we now know you must be a happy camper, because if she'll SWALLOW that..............:naughty1:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know you're new but you really should check how many members here feel about MMR before you start recommending them!!!

Earl

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back