My build

09Stroker

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't updated this in awhile but the car is done for the most part and running. Its been on and off the dyno a few times working out some kinks and getting it tuned on E85. I switched out the returnless system for a return system consisting of the fore triple walbro hat with an aeromotive regulator. The first few issues I ran into were spark related. Found a bad coil right off the bat. I started off using HT0's and had a secondary miss from 3500rpm on up, kept gapping the plugs down which helped but didn't cure it. Switched to Brisk 2 heat ranges colder plugs and it helped tremendously but did not fully cure it. Well I had extended the cop harness to relocate the fuse box, the combination of two soldered connections with another 18inches of thin gauge wire created too much resistance so I pulled the harness apart and re-pinned it with 2-12gauge wires coming out of the fuse box leading to 14gauges wire to each coil. Put it back on the dyno and it cured the miss.

Next issue I ran into was a dirty MAF signal. My intake pipe is 3" coming out of the intercooler into 2- 90" bends then necks up to 4". This is a recipe for turbulence, I had a piece of 3" round extruded aluminum honeycomb which I inserted right after the bend that helped alot and brought the MAF count swings down but I want them to be ~20 or less so I am jusing going to do away with the 4" and run 3" all the way and use a mafia.

With the MAF signal being the way it is we stopped the runs short at 5000 rpm. The last pull we made on a mustang dyno it made 670rwhp/850rwtq uncorrected @ 14psi w/ 13degrees of timing with 70deg IAT's throughout the run.

Next issue is the stall on my converter, its supposed to stall at 3500 but is only stalling around 2700 which gives me about 4psi. After the first snow I will pull it and send it off to be restalled.

Attachments

• 1106001041[2].jpg
    1106001041[2].jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 68

rxpwhistler1

forum member
Reaction score
beautiful

Car is absolutely SICK! Please post more pics of the car if you have them. What a beast!

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
...and use a mafia.
Don't. Get an SCT BA5000.

09Stroker said:
With the MAF signal being the way it is we stopped the runs short at 5000 rpm. The last pull we made on a mustang dyno it made 670rwhp/850rwtq uncorrected @ 14psi w/ 13degrees of timing with 70deg IAT's throughout the run.

Next issue is the stall on my converter, its supposed to stall at 3500 but is only stalling around 2700 which gives me about 4psi. After the first snow I will pull it and send it off to be restalled.
The 13 degrees of timing is probably why you're only seeing 2700 rpm. Try adding about six or seven degrees down low (then take it out above 3500 or so if you need) and that should allow the converter to "see" more torque on the foot brake thus stalling higher.

I ran into the same problem when we had mine locked at 10 degrees. Converter would only go to 2400 or so.

1lowtoy

forum member
Reaction score
I would like to hear what happened with this car as well. It's almost the same setup I did as well (he is running the big bore and I didn't). The one I did made 770hp at 14psi on 93. I haven't put a race gas tune on it since we did the JPC intake. Your car should be a monster!

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
looks great!

all that you have put into it, why not make a custom intake pipe with no transitions (no humps and bumps before the MAF)......then go to a wider section before the TB to match the TB so you can get rid of the rubber reducer coupler.

new pipe may also help with your tunning issues.

Back